Senior Researcher(946 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
In the spring of 2013, the International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (the Women’s Center) on AUAF’s International Campus opened with the express purpose of enhancing women’s participation in the economy. At the same time, the Center has expanded its international ties and its outreach across the country through international and national women’s groups. The ICAWED at AUAF affects broad changes in gender relations and creates sustainable development through a unique agenda of long-term training and mentorship. The aim would is to use knowledge and insight to establish pro-active mechanisms for the mainstreaming of gender issues across Afghanistan by engaging directly with men and women and also to empower women in private sector. ICAWED believes that its facilities, experience, environment, and its fine-tuned approach make the Center the best venue available in Afghanistan to facilitate this Afghan-led effort aimed at altering current gender dynamics.
The International Center for Afghan women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking through innovative training, education and hand-on-experience in various emerging industries to bolster the role of women in business across the afghan economy. Through career training and internships with emerging afghan industries, ICAWED, Intends to nurture talent and bolster small business initiatives.
In order to smooth the administrative and financial processes, The International Center for Afghan Women’s Economic Development (ICAWED) at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is seeking application to hire a Senior Researcher to assist in following areas:
|Date Posted:||16 Jul 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Major Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Researcher is responsible for building the research capacity at ICAWED as well as designing, conducting, organizing, and analyzing the research projects:
• Acts as lead on establishing the research capacity at ICAWED by use of internal and external opportunities, establishing connection with reputable research institutions and researchers, and making academic resources available to be used during research project.
• Carries out policy analysis, research (qualitative and quantitative) and evolution;
• Coordinates, schedules, and manages research activities including but not limited to: interviews, focus groups, and survey administration;
• Maintains timelines for multiple projects;
• Identifies or designs appropriate instrumentation, e.g. surveys, interview protocols, observation protocols, knowledge assessments for responding to research and evaluation questions;
• Collects quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate techniques to ensure reliability and validity;
• Organizes and conducts site visits involving multiple data collection methods;
• Formats databases to ensure the availability of useable data;
• Oversees support staff in data entry using formatted databases;
• Conduct statistical analyses ranging from descriptive analysis to multivariate analyses;
• Analyses qualitative data with general guidelines; and
• Summarize results in written format suitable for consumption by various stakeholder groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Master degree, in development studies, social science, anthropology, public administration, public policy or equivalent experience in the relevant fields is required
• 6-10 years of experience in conducting and managing educational research and evaluation projects that require multiple qualitative and quantitative research designs and methodologies
• Experience of working in the economic development sector and demonstrate familiarity with policy issues and overcome challenges
• Knowledge of data organization and analysis software for storing, analyzing, and reporting qualitative and quantitative data. Knowledge of statistical software is preferable
• Demonstrate ability to work independently, meet deadline, and coordinate with colleagues at varying organizational levels
• Help establish statistical capacity at ICAWED
• Strong project management skills and consultative skills
• Ability to travel to the provinces as needed
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Education
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Senior Researcher” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before August 15th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Research Analyst at Office of Senior Advisor to the President of Afghanis..||Kabul||13 Feb 2018|
|Senior Quality Assurance and Accreditation Ma.. at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|