SENIOR PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER(636 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Heart, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The primary objective of Women in the Economy is to enable educated Afghan women between the ages of 18 and 30 to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping grow revenues for businesses owned by women or that employ women as 10% or more of their staffs.
WIE’s Private Sector Development [PSD] component has been charged with growing revenues through innovative approaches to private sector development. Innovation will require thinking about private sector development in a new way and working with non-traditional partners in addition to leveraging other donor projects. New solutions may be found anywhere, including private sector solutions to changes in developed markets. He or she may ask, for example, can the methodology used by the growing online business lender market offer lessons or ideas for development finance?
A key requirement of the work will be to work through local actors and institutions in ways that strengthen them. The Senior Private Sector Manager will be responsible for implementing a few of PSD component activities in the places where WIE operate. As as well contributing to the process of generating ideas, supporting the process of deciding which will be implemented and helping to build coalitions of actors in the project, the development community and the private sector to implement them.
|Date Posted:||17 Jul 2017||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||24 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• As part of the Private Sector team, plays an active role in the initiation, development and implementation of activities to support micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) development. Provides input into the design and implementation with regional staff.
• As part of the Private Sector team, plays an active role in WIE Trade Fairs management and implementation.
• As part of the Private Sector team, plays an active role in startup business expansion and sustainability of businesses.
• Provides feedback from experience with activities to feed into ongoing development of new programming.
• Closely coordinates with Regional Service Centers to deliver programming.
• Works collaboratively with Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications and Knowledge Management to ensure information is available as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Five years of experience with MSME development programming and/or private businesses with a master’s degree; or, 10 years experience with bachelor’s degree.
• Entrepreneurial, willing to take calculated risk.
• Provide in depth knowledge of Trade Fair management and implementation.
• Provide in depth knowledge of startup business expansion and sustainability of businesses.
• Able to work independently and take responsibility for translating concepts into implementable activities.
• Good networker, ideally with well-established network in private sector and development community.
• Able to focus on project objectives and work collaboratively toward the goals
• Fluency in English is required.
• At least a Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, Economics or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women enterprises in Afghanistan.
• Ability to travel to regional offices – Mazar, Jalalabad, Kandahar, and Herat.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• The position reports to the PSD Component Team Lead
Master's degree with 5 years or Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Senior Private Sector Development Manager in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!