PROVINCIAL INTERNSHIP AND APPRENTICESHIP COORDINATOR(496 Views)
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS :
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, however, note that USAID does not support travel costs for Maharams accompanying female project employees, only for project beneficiaries. Project staff is expected to be able to travel as required for the program.
Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) is a USAID-funded program that will partner with Afghan women to increase their participation in the economy by securing employment or advancing in their careers, and with women-owned businesses, or businesses that employ 10% or more women to grow their revenues. Through a series of programs under the theme of Forward Together, Women in the Economy will work with job seekers, businesses, and many other stakeholders throughout Afghanistan that share the same goals to help them make investments in their own success. Women in the Economy will work throughout all of Afghanistan, and currently has service centers open in the regional economic centers of Kabul, Mazar-i-Sharif, Herat, Jalalabad and Kandahar.
WIE’s internship and apprenticeship programs are designed to help women get work experience so that they are better able to compete for job openings in the mainstream economy. Over 9,500 interns and apprentices will be placed with employers in the next two and a half years, with the objective of ultimately helping these women to get full time jobs or to become self-employed.
The Provincial Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (PIAC) will work independently in one or more provincial population center to be determined by WIE. The PIAC will report to a Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (RIAC) based in WIE Kandahar regional office:
The PIAC will be responsible for implementation of WIE internship and apprenticeship programs and collect and process documentation for internships and apprenticeships, establish relationships with employers and relevant stakeholders, and identify opportunities for work experience placements. The PIAC will also coordinate with the Training Coordinator based in his or her Regional Office to schedule and organize job readiness and other trainings for WIE interns and apprentices.
|Date Posted:||17 Jul 2017||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||24 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Training||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In close coordination and with input from the Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator (RIAC), carry out provincial level internship and apprenticeship program activities. Follow internship and apprenticeship program activity procedures, including collecting applications/information from female applicants, entering data into WIE databases, collecting and processing intern and apprentice timesheets, and collecting feedback and information from employers.
2. Conduct outreach to, identification and selection of businesses to host interns and apprentices in the province. Collect information on internship, apprenticeship and job openings from employers in the province and upload into WIE’s job matching database.
3. Conduct outreach to, recruitment and placement of interns and apprentices. Ensure interns and apprentices are properly screened, receive pre-employment training or orientation, and are appropriately matched to positions. Contribute to career days, networking & other job information events in coordination with the RIAC.
4. Coordinate closely with Regional Workforce Development Case Officers to assist women who are completing internships and apprenticeships to secure places of employment. Coordinate closely with Regional Service Centers and the M&E specialist in the region to monitor internship programs. PIACs are expected to report in to Regional Offices at least once per month.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• 4 years’ experience with bachelor’s degree or overall 7 years’ experience implementing professional development, training, or community outreach programs.
• Familiarity with provincial and local businesses and employers, ability to conduct professional outreach to and engage with Afghan businesses is essential.
• Familiarity with internship, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training programs.
• Must be very organized and capable of carrying out administrative tasks including data entry.
• Strong communication skills, ability to engage with female participants effectively.
• Previous experience with international organizations or donor-funded programs, preferred.
• Previous experience developing gender-sensitive training preferred.
• Fluency (written and spoken) in Dari or Pashto, depending on location, plus conversational ability/familiarity with the other national language.
• Must be proficient in the use of smartphone or Android tablet, and good with data entry.
• Must be able to travel throughout the province(s) in your region of work.
• The position reports to the Regional Internship and Apprenticeship Coordinator.
Afghanistan - Khost: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KHOST)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Provincial Internship & Apprenticeship Coordinator in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|EDUCATION AND PARASTATAL SECTOR INTERNSHIP AN.. at DAI||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|
|National Women Capacity Building Trainer at Food and Agriculture Organiza..||Herat||30 Sep 2017|