VISA ASSISTANT (FSN-7)(2557 Views)
About U.S. Embassy
U.S. Embassy Kabul Afghanistan
VISA ASSISTANT (FSN-7)
|Date Posted:||17 Jul 2017||Reference:||17-089|
|Closing Date:||30 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Screens incoming documentation to organize and track visa applications according to a relatively complicated set of laws and procedures. Accurately responds to a myriad of inquiries and requests for information from the public, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Visa Center, DoS Visa Office and DHS via mail, phone calls, and e-mails, while consistently demonstrating consistent good customer service skills. Distinguishes between multiple complex visa categories, and their specific requirements, to accurately process applications and security advisory opinions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Data entry using consular software; Microsoft Office suite; if applicable, cashier software, including the ability to properly account for approximately $100,000 per month in fees. Customer service skills, especially providing detailed information on visa application procedures and immigration law in person, by phone and through email. Translation services for visa interviews.
Applicants must address required qualifications criteria listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of High School required. U.S. Embassy Kabul Human Resources Office VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: VISA ASSISTANT (FSN-7) Announcement Number: 17-089
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years’ experience of consular or customer-service work and/or work applying regulations is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) English and Dari/Pashto is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Data entry using consular software; Microsoft Office suite; if applicable, cashier software, including the ability to properly account for approximately $100,000 per month in fees. Customer service skills, especially providing detailed information on visa application procedures and immigration law in person, by phone and through email. Translation services for visa interviews.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Detailed knowledge of U.S visa laws, including all categories of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. Understand of all visa processing procedures, including taking fees (if applicable), entering applications, drafting security clearance requests, and printing visas on controlled visa foils.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
High School, General
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Kabul
Subject line must be: (Visa Assistant VA 17-089) or your application may not be considered.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Applications should be submitted through e-mail to this address: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Course Facilitator at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kandahar||30 Nov 2017|
|Data collectors at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Multi Cities||27 Nov 2017|
|Specialist in Social Health, Economic and Pov.. at DACAAR||Kabul||16 Dec 2017|
|National Gender Officer at DABS||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Assistant Director of Admissions (Re-advertis.. at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Senior National Water Resources Specialist, at Ministery of Energy and Wa..||Kabul||05 Dec 2017|
|Introduction to graduates studies (IGS) Co-Te.. at American University of..||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|Plumber at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|