Resettlement Specialist(668 Views)
About Mashriq Engineering Construction Compnay (MECC)
Mashriq Engineering Construction Company (MECC) is leading Afghan Engineering and Construction Firm, specialized in implementation of large scale infrastructure projects in Afghanistan since 2004. In 2013 MECC has expanded its operation to UAE and completed numerous projects during last years. MECC is the first ever Afghan prime contractor for the USAID in Afghanistan in infrastructure development sector.
Purpose: The Resettlement Specialist will assist the EA to implement the approved LARP including managing proper disclosure to the public, preparing detailed action plans for the delivery of compensation, ensuring that all affected parties receive payments or other rehabilitation based on the LARP and assisting the EA to hand over the Site to the Contractor free from all encumbrances MECC
|Date Posted:||18 Jul 2017||Reference:||MECC/0096|
|Closing Date:||24 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 10 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily cash count of the physical cash and ensure to reconcile it with the cash book.
• Assist the EA to implement the approved LARP including managing proper disclosure to the public, preparing detailed action plans for the delivery of compensation, ensuring that all affected parties receive payments or other rehabilitation based on the LARP and assisting the EA to hand over the Site to the Contractor free from all encumbrances.
• Ensure that the displaced persons are properly consulted and adequately resettled and compensated in accordance with the provisions of the LARP. This task entails among other things proper review of compensation rates and consultation with local governments and community organizations to ensure compensation at replacement cost.
• Ensure that the independent monitoring agencies and the implementing NGOs are hired in timely manner including preparing terms of reference and reviewing monitoring reports.
• Ensure the EA complies with all relevant grant covenants.
• Assist the EA to prepare reports on LARP implementation complying with ADB requirements.
• Ensure that civil works commence only after the implementation of LARP and after approval of ADB on implementation of LARP.
• Any other associated tasks that the EA or ADB may require to be done with respect to social safeguards, including relating to implementation of the LARP grievance mechanism.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Nil
Reporting: Resettlement Specialist will report to Project Manager
• B.A Social Sciences, Land Administration or equivalent.
• At least 5 Year experience in preparation and execution of resettlement programs for road and infrastructure projects.
• Ability to design database and prepare meaningful reports.
• Team oriented.
• Leadership quality and interpersonal skill.
• Ability to work in tense and pressure environment.
• Problem solution skill.
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literate with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet.
• Ability to design database and prepare meaningful reports
Afghanistan - Badakhshan: FAIZ ABAD
Note: Candidates don’t meets the above mentioned requirement should not apply.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to: (please include position title in the subject line of the e-mail.)
|More jobs in this category|
|CEO at 786 Pharma||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Program Manager-TA at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 May 2018|
|Support Center Manager at OVCSP/DM Social Affairs/MoLSAMD||Kabul||26 May 2018|
|Executive Director at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)||Kabul||29 May 2018|
|National Project Manager-SALAM Project (Re-ad.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||20 May 2018|
|Scholarship Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||21 May 2018|