Maternal Health Products Senior Officer(808 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
Vision: ASMO’s vision is to serve as a “partner for a better life” in Afghanistan where families (especially women and children) and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-being; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding; and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
Mission: ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social issue marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country's population, especially women and children, while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation.
ASMO is partner with Jhpiego incorporation under HEMAYAT project and at the same time partner with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus. Both projects are USAID funded program.
Under the direct supervision of Social Marketing Manager the incumbent will manage ASMO maternal health products specific activities, including brand development; provider training, development/execution of creative strategy; oversee advertising production, media buys, promotions/trade shows, market research/intelligence, and new product development,
|Date Posted:||20 Jul 2017||Reference:||ASMO-KAB-040|
|Closing Date:||17 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Sales/Marketing||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in developing/implementing a cohesive product marketing strategy across the maternal health products
• Facilitate/coordinate new product development process with relevant department inside ASMO and line ministries
• Lead partnerships with external vendors, especially creative agencies, Communications/production agencies and media companies on the design, development and broadcast of product specific campaigns
• Assist social marketing manager in developing product-wise budget Work in close collaboration with other departments (Sales, M&E, Procurement) to ensure smooth implementation of maternal health products work plan
• Conduct/facilitate trainings/workshops for private sector health providers (Obe/Gyn pharmacists/outlet owners) on maternal health products
• Hold orientation sessions for sales/ promotion team on maternal health products to upgrade their knowledge on the products
• Oversee maternal health products marketing activities at the field and provide support to sales executive in marketing/detailing of maternal health products
• Assist in sales team to conduct regional sales workshop for wholesalers and retailers on maternal health products
• Develop/Adopt curriculum and job aids on required maternal health products.
• Assist marketing and M&E teams in conducting market assessment and pretest of print/promotion materials for maternal health products
• Perform any other task and duties as assigned by line manager
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Fluent in English and local languages (Dari & Pashto)
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural settings
• Willing to extensively travel to all project provinces/districts
• Have mid-level computer skill
• Bachelor or Master Degree in medicine, gynecology and/or public health. Master degree is preferable
• At least 5 years in maternal health programs with national/international organizations
• Experience in product marketing & training are strongly preferred
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Interested Afghans with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with cover letter to the email address provided below or candidates can bring copies of their CVs along with the cover letter to HR Department of ASMO at the following address:
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
Qala-E Fathullah, Street One, Lane 1 on the right, House# 101 (Close to Zarghona High School), Contact No. 075 211 86 33
Applications without specific vacancy number and exact duty station i.e (Application for the position of Maternal Health Products Officer-Kabul) and after the closing date, would not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be contacted for the interview. Afghan Social Marketing believes on equal employment opportunities.
‘’Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply’’
|More jobs in this category|
|Sales & Marketing Officer at Aryazone, Inc.||Kabul||24 Nov 2017|
|Sales Executive at Big Bear Company||Kabul||07 Dec 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Pajhwok Afghan News||Kabul||25 Dec 2017|
|Marketing Officer at Asia Bridge Telecom||Kabul||01 Dec 2017|
|Sales Officer at Pamircyclet group of companies||Kabul||11 Dec 2017|
|فروشنده/sales reps at J&Z Ltd||Multi Cities||08 Dec 2017|