Dean of Shariah Faculty(687 Views)
About Jahan University
.With a rapidly growing economy and ever expanding frontiers of knowledge and technology, Afghanistan stands at the point of economic take-off. Consequently, there is a very high demand for skilled and motivated human resource. Jahan University with its progressive and innovative outlook and a multi-disciplinary character is emerging as a centre of excellence for training and development.
In 2013 a higher education institute was established, which then brought an evolution in the higher education of Afghanistan, and changed the lives of thousands of individuals and families. JU gets its name from a Dari word, which means world, and the logo portrays the name in Dari. The name clearly and simply explains the vision, to graduate professionals. All the staff members at JU clearly understand this vision and they all put exceptional efforts in making professionals from every single student. The students have also realized the fact that JU is the place where they can become professionals; therefore, it makes it the dream of every Afghan citizen to be a part of JU.
Today JU offers high quality and yet accessible higher education in the disciplines of management sciences, information technology. JU strives to remain as the leading Institute in Afghanistan, and emerge among the top leading universities of the world. JU’s objectives are high and the approach is positive. With a carefully worked out road-map, a mission oriented approach and an excellent blend of high quality faculty and available resources, this Institute is well poised to play a significant role in the development of human resource capital in Afghanistan. JU’s doors will be always open to talented national and international students, and will welcome enterprising and research oriented scholars to join our faculty.The University now offers a broad five faculties that are named as Management Sciences, Economics, Islamic Studies, Computer Science, and LLB.
1. Be accountable for leading, managing, developing the department and the associated pupil development across the curriculum.
2. Ensuring an impact on the progress of pupils beyond her/his assigned pupils.
3. Leading, developing and enhancing the teaching practice of departmental staff.
4. Have line management responsibility for the 5 Departmental teaching staff and the staff involved with the delivery of Enterprise Education.
|Date Posted:||20 Jul 2017||Reference:||JU-SH-010|
|Closing Date:||31 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Dean shall be responsible to the Vice-President, Academic for the administration of the Faculty and shall exercise the responsibilities of Faculty Dean in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University.
2. The Dean shall chair the Faculty in accordance with the powers and duties laid out in the University Act. The Dean is expected to maintain the confidence of the Faculty.
3. The Dean shall chair a committee of Chairs in the Faculty. It is the Dean's responsibility to consult with the Chairs on the development of policies and general directions for the University, and to provide the University Administration with the views of the departments on issues and plans.
4. The Dean shall develop a budget for the administration of the Faculty which conforms with University practices and shall be responsible for ensuring that the budget is expended in keeping with the general objectives towards which the budget was developed.
5. The Dean shall maintain links between the Faculty and other Faculties and with the Deans of Graduate Studies and Continuing Studies. The Dean shall also establish and maintain links with other institutions and academic bodies, both provincial and national.
6. The Dean shall support curriculum development and the initiation and development of new undergraduate and graduate programs in line with the University's overall programming objectives.
7. High standards of teaching, methods of evaluating teaching effectiveness and grading practices shall be encouraged by the Dean.
8. The Dean shall foster and encourage research within the Faculty.
9. The Dean's position is a highly responsible one, requiring full-time attention. Nevertheless, Deans should maintain contact with their discipline during the term of office.
10. The Dean shall serve on Senate and other University Committees as required and shall report to the official bodies of the University and to University administrative officers on academic and administrative developments relating to the Faculty. The Dean shall carry out such other duties as may be assigned by University bodies, the President, and the Vice-President, Academic.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Attach your CV in the attachment and send it to email address of Jahan University. Mention the vacancy number and position title in the subject line.
email@example.com; cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Call Center Agent at Sahebe Financial Services||Kabul||21 Oct 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kabul||07 Oct 2017|
|Dari & English Language Teacher at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commit..||Kabul||29 Sep 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Automotive Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Manager/Admin officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|Art Instructor- Implementing Jawana Curriculu.. at Mashal University||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kunar||04 Oct 2017|
|Lecturer for Mathematics and Physics at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|Dean of Management Sciences (BBA) Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Kandahar||29 Sep 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|Instructor - Biomedical Equipment Technology .. at Kabul University of Me..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|National Project Officer, Capacity Developmen.. at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Senior Scholarship Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Developme..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Alumni Relations Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|English Language Instructor (native speaker) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|English Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|