Promoter – Hygiene & Sanitation(844 Views)
-DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
Conduction of Hygiene messages, distribution of emergency hinge kits for IDP & community, skilling up the awareness of the IDP/Community up on (proper use of emergency latrine, safe waste and feces disposal and urge the IDP/Community to practice safe behaviors
|Date Posted:||24 Jul 2017||Reference:||PBL033/2017|
|Closing Date:||31 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||453 to 453 USD|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To explain & conduct hygiene education lessons to the IDP/Community and encourage them to change their behavior
• To conduct hygiene session in health facilities
• To liaise with senior member of the IDP/Community, medical workers and other NGOs at a local level.
• To encourage the IDP/Community to proper use of bath & Latrine, keep clean the environment and use safe water and safe food.
• To liaise with IDP/Community about choosing site for latrine for male and female.
• To keep informed the community about DACAAR’s objectives, activities and explain the usage of emergency hygiene kits as properly.
• To distribute the emergency hygiene package to the IDP after conduction of hygiene message
• To co-ordinate daily works with team leader & other team members.
• To prepare accurate reports for all work undertaken, according to the DACAAR reporting system.
• To keep the team leader / HE supervisor informed of all relevant information.
• To participate in training courses, refreshers courses, regular meeting as required.
• To have the capability for explanation of hygiene & education messages to the IPD in both language (Dari & Pashto)
• To prepare WSS and give to sick families as required when visiting their families.
• To identify IDP/Community hygiene workers from within community as required.
• To train IDP/Community hygiene workers and supervise their works as required.
• To be able to stay in the field for long time if required
• The hygiene and sanitation promoters should be able to work under hard situation if required.
• To do assessment for IDP if required by his/her supervisor
• On time submitting of assessment report
• To distribute emergency hygiene package after conduction of hygiene message
• To take part for distribution of materials for bath and latrine with other project staff
• Any other relevant task as directed by line supervisor
Duty station: Center - RO / Kabul Regional Office
Required number: One Couple
Gender: Male/Female (Mahram Shariah Couple)
Contract: Project Based till end of December 2017 (extendable)
PB-E1, USD (453) including food allowance & Government Tax
: Good communication skills, experience in teaching, good community work, adaptation to traditional or local community, honesty and hard worker
/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: High school for female, university degree for male,.
Experience: Not Necessary, but preferable if worked as hygiene educator in field or as a teacher
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Good communication skills, experience in teaching, good community work, adaptation to traditional or local community, honesty and hard worker,.
Languages: the applicants should be able to speak both Pashto and Dari fluency & English is Preferred
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 36 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to below mentioned email address or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Call Center Agent at Sahebe Financial Services||Kabul||21 Oct 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kabul||07 Oct 2017|
|Dari & English Language Teacher at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commit..||Kabul||29 Sep 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Automotive Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Manager/Admin officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|Art Instructor- Implementing Jawana Curriculu.. at Mashal University||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kunar||04 Oct 2017|
|Lecturer for Mathematics and Physics at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|Dean of Management Sciences (BBA) Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Kandahar||29 Sep 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|Instructor - Biomedical Equipment Technology .. at Kabul University of Me..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|National Project Officer, Capacity Developmen.. at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Senior Scholarship Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Developme..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Alumni Relations Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|English Language Instructor (native speaker) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|English Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|