MIS Officer(1584 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
Strengthening Education for Afghanistan-II (SEA-II) is a six year education project working in the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels. Its goals are to increase the quality of primary education, improve access to education at all levels, and to create education programs that enable the Afghan youth to enter the work force. The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) in its implementation of this program works with local Implementing Partners (IP’s) that include NGO’s, government institutions, and CSO’s. SEA-II has a web-based Monitoring and Evaluation system that supports data entry in the center and in the provinces. Additionally, report writing is supported by a Crystal Reports interface.
This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of a SEA II MIS system used for its monitoring and evaluation activities.
|Date Posted:||27 Jul 2017||Reference:||VA#24/2017|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop new databases and forms to support M&E data entry for SEA II activities from remote locations;
• Ensure the database tables are coded for validity and referential integrity;
• Design and generate Crystal M&E reports for M&E and program staff;
• Understand the program requirements to define keys and indices to enable easy on-line queries and analysis;
• Maintain database systems to trouble shoot and resolve problems that adversely impact system effectiveness;
• Work with Implementing Partners to train them on how to use the system; and
• Support the M&E Manager in the Foundation’s Project Management Office and serve as a focal point for SEA II related M&E MIS related activities.
• Experienced in web-based database development and maintenance;
• Demonstrated ability in creative thinking related to using technology for problem solving;
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Pashtu or Dari;
• Willing to travel, security permitting, to provinces;
• Good interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work with a diverse team of national and international staff and consultants;
• Ability to handle a large volume of work and meet tight deadlines;
• Strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail; and
• High level of understanding of SPSS and STATA would be an asset.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in database development and management
• Bachelor of computer science
• Familiar with the following technologies:
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates that do not meet the essential qualifications and experience will not be shortlisted. Kindly do not send random unrelated CV’s
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than August 10, 2017 to below email. Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (http://www.acbar.org/APPLICATION-FORMS/) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Officer for MoMP/Directorate of Donor.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Feb 2018|
|Call for Resumes at DAI||Kabul||05 Feb 2018|
|Monitoring Assistant at United Nations-World Food Programme (UN-WFP)||Multi Cities||27 Jan 2018|
|Programme Associate at United Nations-World Food Programme (UN-WFP)||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Program Officer CBM-Schools at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jan 2018|
|Program Coordinator at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Capacity Building Specialist - Female at Checchi and Company Consulting, ..||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Protection Monitor at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Servi..||Farah||27 Jan 2018|
|QUALITY ASSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE (QAR) at Global Technology||Multi Cities||30 Jan 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Party at GoodWeave International in Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|SENIOR REGIONAL MANAGER - CENTRAL at DAI||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|SUBCONTRACTS AND GRANTS DIRECTOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|