Junior Food Technologist(363 Views)
About NEI (Nutrition and Education International)
Nutrition and Education International (NEI) is an international NGO based in Pasadena, CA, USA. Founded in 2003, NEI’s Mission is to develop a sustainable soy industry in Afghanistan as a practical solution to rampant malnutrition among Afghan women and children. NEI’s soy value chain is comprehensive including seed production, soybean cultivation, soy processing, and soy market development. NEI collaborates with many Afghan ministries and international food security organizations to provide nutritious soy foods to malnourished people throughout Afghanistan. NEI also collaborates with local business partners to produce and market a line of Nutriana branded soy foods for sale to wholesalers, retailers, and the institutional market. Although a non-profit organization, NEI’s operations and culture follow a traditional corporate business model, with proactive goal-setting and a fast-paced working environment. Please visit our website for more information: www.neifoundation.org.
Under the direction and guidance of the Food Technology Manager of the organization, the Jr. Food technologist is responsible for the trouble shooting, operation, running, repairs, and maintenance, of the machines and equipment.
|Date Posted:||29 Jul 2017||Reference:||144|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) of Nutriana Factory.
• Filling Inline Quality Control sheets during Production.
• Preparing trainings materials for Nutriana staff trainings.
• Taking and recording data for weekly and monthly reports.
• Identifying, monitoring and checking of raw materials before taking them into the factory.
• Testing and examining samples before sending to laboratory.
• Liaising with marketing staff recording demands/ achieved.
• Monitoring the use of raw materials
• Ensuring strict hygiene food safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) are followed.
• Assisting in the updating inventory of Nutriana products.
• Keeping records of employee’s attendance and hour of their over time working.
• Arranging meetings of Assistant Food technology program Manager with Nutriana staff.
• Conducting good behavior with workers and other managerial staff.
• To assist production/ Nutriana Factory Supervisor during production.
• Serve to promote good working culture among departments.
• Visiting SPCs (Soy processing centers) in the regions.
• Demonstrated experience scheduling & conducting staff training on new equipment, upgraded equipment, safety standards and other topics as needed
• Experience using Microsoft Project
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; Outlook).
• Excellent written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English
• Bachelor Degree in food science and technology .
• 2 years of progressively increasing responsibility in food manufacturing sector
• Demonstrated experience in working with farmers and farmer associations
• Demonstrated knowledge of food processing facility scheduling, including preventative maintenance schedules
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, General
All resumes and cover letters should be e-mailed to Submission e-mail. Note: Please write the post title in the subject of your e-mail failure to follow the instruction your cvs will be rejected automatically . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Database Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Aug 2017|
|Internal Audit Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|مأمور میتر خوان at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewera..||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Gender Director at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|Rule of Law Assistant FSN-8 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|
|Projects General Director at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Gender Specialist (Re-advertisement) UNDP/LoG.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Technical Assistant for H.E Minister's Office at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Driver at FMFB||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Editor/Proofreader at MCM Learning||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Animal Husbandry Officer at DACAAR||Faryab||24 Aug 2017|
|Poultry Technician Kandahar at NEI (Nutrition and Education International..||Kandahar||19 Aug 2017|
|SECURITY INVESTIGATOR FSN-08 TRAINEE LEVEL FS.. at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|کار زده کړه/حرفوي زده کړه at USAID Promote: Women in ..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|کارآموزی/کارآموزی حرفه ی.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Multi Cities||12 Apr 2018|
|Intern/Apprentice at USAID Promote: Women in the Economy||Kabul||16 May 2018|