Finance Intern(1864 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
MEC (www.mec.af) was created after the need for independent monitoring and evaluation of anti-corruption efforts was identified at a series of international conferences. MEC is wholly independent of the Government of Afghanistan, and receives financial support from the international community. This independence ensures that MEC is capable of carrying out its mandate in a transparent manner without undue influence. The governing Committee, which is made up of 3 Afghan and 3 international anti-corruption experts, meets in Afghanistan quarterly, normally resulting in the setting of recommendations and benchmarks. MEC issues regular reports every six months, with interim reports being issued on an ad hoc basis.
The Finance Intern reports to the Head of Finance and will be responsible for day to day financial operations of MEC supporting finance team in expenditure management, financial record keeping and reporting, and payroll, amongst other responsibilities.
|Date Posted:||29 Jul 2017||Reference:||0110|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare financial documents for payment processes.
• Manage vouchers and other financial files for MEC finance.
• Assist in management of MEC’s filing system and archiving documents when needed.
• Prepare payment vouchers for cash and bank payments.
• Photocopy/Scan financial documents on monthly and ad-hoc basis.
• Assist with the FO in MEC’s tax clearance.
• Timely follow up on pending invoices with vendors and Admin officer.
• Ensure all payments adhere to the MEC’s and donors’ financial policies and procedures.
• Assist in collecting time sheets and invoices from staff and consultants before the month ends.
• Updating spreadsheet trackers.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed to below email address, with the subject line "Finance Intern” by 1 4 August, 2017.
|More jobs in this category|
|Radio Operator- UNDSS at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Senior Manager for University Support at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||01 Feb 2018|
|Team Leader at Muslim English Language Programme||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|Project Manager,Maternal health and innovatio.. at WISE Afghanistan||Kabul||15 Feb 2018|
|Senior Contract Management Officer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||03 Feb 2018|
|WEE-NPP Deputy Program Director at WEE-NPP||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|