Monitoring and Evaluation Expert for MoMP/Government Owned Enterprises Directorate(371 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The M&E expert is responsible for the successful delivery of monitoring & evaluation and development services to the Professional Development of the Government owned enterprises directorate. The Monitoring and evaluation expert’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Government and enterprise directorate of Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, ensuring the Establish and implement Monitoring and Evaluation system to monitor and evaluate Government owned Enterprises directorates’ performance and recommend on how to improve their performance to implement relevant work plans in a timely manner for the team’s success. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the M&E staff of the government owned enterprises and to report to the Director of Enterprises Directorate.
|Date Posted:||31 Jul 2017||Reference:||MoMP/M & E Expert|
|Closing Date:||13 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Proper record keeping of all the plans, targets and programs of SOEs
2. Analyzing and comparing the actual results with planned activates and preparing reports. (ad hoc, quarterly, bi-annually and annually)
3. Providing M&E and Developments updates to SOEs Director.
4. Establish and implement Monitoring and Evaluation system to monitor and evaluate Government owned Enterprises directorates’ performance and recommend on how to improve their performance to implement relevant work plans in a timely manner.
5. Receive benchmarks from international community and MoMP officials and communicate them to relevant State Owned Enterprise for implementation (M&E)
6. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the ministry’s benchmarks and provide recommendation on how to improve directorates’ performance in respect with benchmark implementation (M&E).
7. Initiating/identifying new projects and coordinating with units’ managers/regional coordinators and drafting proposals.
8. Generate a comprehensive database of donors and other corporate clients for enterprises Directorate
9. Helping the Director and other relevant staff for the achievement of strategic objectives
10. Generating new ideas and concepts for Enterprises directorate development and expansion
11. Conducting yearly or ad hoc SWOT analysis of Directorate and give recommendations
12. Providing data, reports, and updates to Ministry and M&E department.
13. Developing different forms and formats like M&E, and evaluation forms etc.
14. Work closely with unit managers/regional coordinators particularly for outreach and developments.
15. Collecting and compiling reports from regional centers and presenting to Enterprise Director and relevant departments.
16. Working on financial reports (Revenue & Expenditure), proper tracking, checking and verifying revenue and expenditure on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
17. Providing date to Director for any reports and presentation like etc.
18. Attending all Enterprises meetings.
19. Perform any other duty assigned by the Director or senior management.
• Familiarity and understanding of Microsoft Office program. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other require software’s and programs).
• Knowledge and experience in related positions.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Able to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to work well with team.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Superior written and oral English as well as Knowledge of the main local languages of Afghanistan.
• Team player.
• Willingness to learn the other disciplines of M & E in order to serve as back-up to other team members is key.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• At least having a bachelor degree in Business Administration, Business Administration, Development or Law, with At least have 5 years prior managerial, M&E and Development experience in the government, non- government organizations (NGOs) or donor agencies in similar position is required.
• Master degree will be a plus point
• English, Dari and Pashto languages fluency
• Manages with meticulous attention to detail
• Program management experience preferred
• Experience administering financial budgets
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve the result.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 13/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Subject line must be the Reference MOMP/PSU/M&E Expert must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring Coordinator at UN-Habitat||Kabul||29 Aug 2017|
|Deputy Manager- MSD at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||28 Aug 2017|
|Field Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator at DAI||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Deputy Chief of Party at IDS Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|M&E Supervisor at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||17 Aug 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at IDS Afghanistan||Multi Cities||21 Aug 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at DABS||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Data Collector at OASK||Multi Cities||30 Aug 2017|