Finance Specialist for AEITI Secretariat(784 Views)
About Afghanistan Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (AEITI)
Afghanistan announced its intent to implement the EITI in March 2009, and became an EITI Candidate country on 10 February 2010.
On 16 March 2009, the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) announced its en-dorsement of the principles of EITI, after which all remaining EITI sign-up indicators were entirely im-plemented to become EITI candidate country that was officially endorsed by the International EITI Board at its meeting in Oslo in February 2010. GOIRA has requested that the donor community provides immediate technical and financial support to develop good governance and accountability mechanisms in Extractive Industries Sector via effective EITI implementation process in Afghanistan. For this purpose, the AEITI (Afghanistan Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative) Secretariat was established within the Ministry of Finance in July 2010 to take the lead of EITI implementation in Afghanistan.
In Afghanistan, the extractive (mining, oil & gas) sector is expected to contribute a significant and grow-ing proportion of Government revenues for country’s development. In light of this, GOIRA has fully committed to EITI implementation to ensure that all payments and receipts in the extractive industry are made in an effective and transparent manner. To ensure that the long-term objective is achieved, GOIRA started with producing the first and second National reconciliation reports that required the services of an independent audit firm to collect, collate and reconcile all material payments made by relevant extractive companies and revenues received by the Government in accordance with the AEITI Reporting Template.
In following the EITI standard, GOIRA commits to publish all payments of taxes, royalties and fees it has received from its extractive sector. Equally, extractive companies operating in Afghanistan should publish what they have paid to GOIRA. Overseen by a multi-stakeholder group with representatives from the Government, companies and civil society, these figures are then reconciled and published in the AEITI Report.
The AEITI National Secretariat acts as a coordinating body and carries out the day-to-day activities of the MSG and is there to facilitate required administrative, logistical and other technical support for the smooth running of project activities throughout the process. The AEITI Secretariat is now seeking a well-qualified individual consultant for the position of Finance Specialist for AEITI Secretariat.
The Finance Specialist is responsible for carrying out administrative, accounting and financial management functions of the Secretariat. Finance specialist will provide technical assistance to the Secretariat to ensure effective and timely implementation of the Afghanistan Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (AEITI), reporting to the National Coordinator.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoF/AE4D/AEITI/IC-05-a|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement asset register management, and keeps the receipts in cash books of the AEITI Secretariat;
• Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management and oversight the budget de-liver of the Secretariat.
• Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources.
• Ensure smooth implementation of operational strategies and procedures of the WB at the Secretariat
• Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with WB rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
• Implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the finan-cial resources management system.
• Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management
• Management of all financial resources through planning, guiding, monitoring and control-ling of the resources in accordance with the WB rules and regulations.
• Elaboration of proper mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in budget management.
• Ensuring that advance payments are properly managed, and cleared on timely manner
• Submission of financial reports to donors on a timely and quality basis.
• Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements.
• Timely preparation of monthly cash flow forecast for use by the Admin Manager.
• Implement commitment register, contract register and contract ledger management;
• Raise payment vouchers get them cleared, and update the cash book and/or contract ledg-er after payment has been effected;
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations for the unit’s designated account;
• Prepare Statements of Expenditure for Withdrawal Applications for the reimbursement of the designated account;
• Prepare monthly financial statements, quarterly financial management reports (FMR) and annual financial statements;
• Prepare program’s cash forecasts and procurement management reports;
• Provide technical advice on improving effectiveness of EITI implementation in Afghanistan with regard to improving governance and revenue management in the extractive industries sector;
• Help develop solutions on complex issues of EITI implementation through research and analysis of specific issues relating to revenues and payments from the extractive industry;
• Participate in drafting policy briefings and case studies to guide the Multi Stakeholder Group, the Secretariat and other key policy level actors towards improving transparency and effective revenue utilization in the Country;
• Identify weaknesses/lapses in the financial management of extractive resources (across government) and propose recommendations for their remediation;
• Help the MSG build mechanisms which go beyond the EITI implementation process in order to embed EITI into national governance and financial management systems and mecha-nisms; facilitate
• Contribute to organization and content of AEITI communication and learning events in Af-ghanistan;
• Monitor and quality control the petty cash management by conducting frequently and sur-prising cash counts and make sure the cash ledger is frequently up-dated.
• Standardizes the finance and fixed asset filing system, and keeps track of the WB and the Afghan Government standards. And conducts regular physical count of the assets of AEITI.
• Responsible for developing regular and timely financial report, based on donors and Af-ghan Government requirements.
• Any other Tasks assigned by the AEITI National Coordinator.
• Bachelor degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field is required.
• 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing financial management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and financial database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Qualified professional Chartered Accountant with at least 3 years of post-qualification expe-rience;
• Good knowledge of the Public Finances Management laws of Afghanistan will be an ad-vantage;
• Experience with the World Bank Financed project is mandatory
• Knowledge of relevant policies of the Afghanistan Government and World Bank operational policies and procedures relating to financial management is desired;
• Good knowledge of computer spreadsheet applications;
• Previous experience in projects funded by international cooperation organizations re-quired.
• High levels of personal initiative, motivation, honesty and integrity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Should be fluent in spoken and written of local languages and English
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Ministry of Finance
Close to Hajj Directorate, Shahr e Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan
Cell phone Nos.: +93 (0) 789 22 14 42
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||21 Oct 2017|
|Financial Management Coordinator at NSDP/NATEJA||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Accountant at ALEF Technology||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Finance Consultant Kapisa at Ministry of Public Health||Kapisa||01 Oct 2017|
|Human Resources (SME) at MOIA||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|International Financial Management Advisor at DABS||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|National Energy Economist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||13 Oct 2017|
|Energy Financial Expert at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||13 Oct 2017|
|Finance Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kandahar||30 Sep 2017|
|Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer at Afghan Social Marketing Organizati..||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|
|آمر محاسبه جنسی at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|آمر بودجه at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|آمر حسابی at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Admin/ Finance Manager at Easy Connect||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Energy Economist at SMEC||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|