Media and Outreach Specialist - National(1013 Views)
About Afghanistan Capacity Building for Results Facility (CBR)
CBR is a new project under development that intends to increase the capacity of government to deliver essential services.
The Media and Outreach Specialist - National will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Communication Specialist and will be responsible for supporting and assisting the unit head in overall communication aspects of the CBR program including updating the CBR website and follow up with relevant departments for compiling the reports accordingly.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2017||Reference:||CBR -95-062|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
• Collecting data and writing success stories for monthly newsletter s - which will be posted/uploaded into the CBR website accordingly
• Work closely with M&E team to collect correct data from Line Ministries (LM)/Independent Agencies (IA), Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) CBR Project Implementation Unit to show the progress and impact of the CBR core mandates including: process simplification, budget execution, civil servant recruitment and training, reduction in reliance on technical assistance (external consultant) numbers, and improved service delivery.
• Update and disseminate this data on a monthly basis to all relevant stakeholders (Steering Committee, LM/IAs, donor and development partners etc.) through the existing CBR Monitoring Table formats.
• Refine the CBR Monitoring Table formats to better highlight and illustrate emerging bottlenecks in CBR progress.
• Create and develop relevant CBR - program contents for digital communication Website, brochures.
• Develop graphic designs to support the whole CBR team
• Assist the Senior Communication Specialist with the publication and distribution of the events listings statement to appropriate media.
• Record and document CBR events, meetings, and work progress and file them as per the standard approach to be used for future references.
• Support the Senior Communications Specialist to monitor Media and innovate relevant ideas to ensure CBR awareness is properly channeled.
• Support the team to ensure proper filming with camera is carried out when and where needed.
• Provide proper feedback to the Q&A and update it frequently based on need.
• Carry out any other lawful assignment given by superiors.
• Developing success stories of CBR and generate quarterly report to management.
• Develop media and outreach strategy as per the CBR mandate in the first three months.
• Update and disseminate the monthly CBR Monitoring Tables.
• Update and share the monthly CBR newsletters and website.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Media & Outreach Specialist would have the following:
• Shall have a bachelor’s degree from a reputed institution in communications and/or journalism.
• Shall have 5 years’ work experience in Social media and Public Relations.
• Shall have good hand on digital cameras, and filming cameras.
• Shall be fluent in communicating in English & Official languages of the country.
• Shall have the skills to write and edit reports, features and success stories.
• Shall be computer literate with additional skill of designing documents.
• Shall have excellent inter-personal skills.
• Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations.
• Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.
Reporting & Supervision: The Media and Outreach Specialist will report to the Senior Communication Specialist of the CBR-PIU.
Duration: The duration of the position(s) would be for one year with possibility of extension depending upon performance with a 3 months probationary period.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Media
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their applications by e-mail or in writing (marked confidential and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the vacancy announcement number) to:
CBR PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (PIU),IARCSC.
Attn: HR Unit – CBR-PIU
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for Application:
Date: 14 August 2017
The Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing chances for employment to candidates and employees without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, national origin citizenship, ancestry, or any other characteristic almost universally considered to be protected by law.
|More jobs in this category|
|Radio Editor, Health Programme (Ghamai) at BBC Media Action||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|