Animal Husbandry Officer(1301 Views)
-DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
• Professional and practical knowledge of Good Livestock/ Poultry Management Practices (GLMPs/ GPMPs), principles and techniques sufficient to assist in the recommendations of planning and implementing livestock and poultry activities specially Training of Trainers and Farmers Field Schools.
• Practical knowledge of proper animal housing, feeds and feeding, breeds and breeding, diseases management, livestock marketing and general livestock management.
• Practical knowledge of poultry farming, feeds and feeding, diseases management and vaccination, poultry marketing and general farm management.
• Practical Knowledge of Farmers Participatory Trainings and Research.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2017||Reference:||PB-020/2017|
|Closing Date:||24 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||693 to 693 USD|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical inputs in planning, organising and implementing operational plans of livestock and poultry activities with concerned communities, line agencies and stakeholders.
• Facilitate and participate in designing of good livestock and poultry management practices, curricula, training manuals and extension methodologies and modalities.
• Develop sustainable methodologies and techniques for assisting farmers with planning and execution of livestock and poultry, directed at improving rural livelihood.
• Develop, monitor and analyze on-farm research and development of recommendations that can be adopted by the farmers.
• Techniques for the transfer of knowledge and technology to focused farmers.
• Ensure quality assurance of activities and inputs.
• Compile reports, document/record Information, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic (in soft, hard and audio visual) form.
• Identify the training needs of farmers, design and facilitate the training materials and methodologies.
• Provide technical inputs to farmers like animal housing, feeds and feeding, breeds and breeding, diseases management, livestock marketing and general livestock management, poultry farming and management and decision support systems for farm business management.
• Any other tasks given by the Supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
IT Proficiency, Good Interpersonal Skills, Good Organizational Skills
Duty station: North - West - RO / Faryab - Shren Taqab FO travelling to Different Districts and province
Required number: One (1)
Gender: Male / Female
Contract: Project Based till end of December 2017 (Extendable)
PB-B1, USD (679) including food allowance & Government Tax
Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor Degree in veterinary /Animal Husbandry
Experience: 3 Years of Experience in related field
Other qualifications’ an advantage: IT Proficiency, Good Interpersonal Skills, Good Organizational Skills
Languages: Dari, Pashto and English
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 36 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
Afghanistan - Faryab: PROVINCIAL CENTER (MAIMANA)
Bachelors Degree, General
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to bellow mentioned email or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance and Admin Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Translator at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Internship at Albashir Group of Companies||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|سه پست مختلف برای طبقه ان.. at House||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|