Field Engineer(712 Views)
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.-
To ensure that all infrastructures activities in the project area are implemented according to the
To improve and maximise the skills and understanding of engineering staff in the area through coaching, training and supervising, to ensure that capacity building and empowerment of communities in implementation and maintenance of infrastructures and irrigations are carried out as agreed and appropriate.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2017||Reference:||PB-021/2017|
|Closing Date:||20 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||693 to 693 USD|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Make sure before starting the project, should informed the targeted community through community elders general meeting with help of social organizer and try to make an agreement with targeted community regarding implementation of the project.
• Check the drawings and make sure they are all relevant to the site conditions and community demands, discuss it with FO (Field Officer) , Designer and Field Manager to make sure it is agreed upon and without any problem.
• Preparing work plan for implementation of the projects and make sure that the progress of construction works go forward according to the prepared plane and if there is any change or problem talk to FO r and Field Manager.
• Make sure that quality of the works comply with norms and standards agreed by DACAAR operation manual.
• Responsible to record all facts transaction such as starting date, work suspension or any technical changes brings in construction details by designer, FO.
• Make sure to plan for early procurement of needed materials for the related project in consultation with FO and field manager.
• Prepare monthly progress report of the related project and send to section management through FO and Field Manager.
• Make sure that the expenditures of each project are recorded separately for find out the actual cost of the project.
• If there is any problem during implementation of the project with community seek help of social organizer and field manager to solve it.
• Field Engineer is responsible to consider about the project and staff security and safety during the implementation of the project.
• Any other task assigned by supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Ability in team working
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
Experience: 3 Years of Experience in related field
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Ability in team working
Languages: Dari, Pashto and English
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 36 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
Afghanistan - Faryab: QAISAR, PASHTOON KOTT
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to bellow mentioned email address or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Enviroment Safeguard Officer at DABS||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|Senior Civil Engineer at DABS||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|Social Safeguard Officer at DABS||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|Assistant Manager Biomedical at French Medical Institute for Mothers and ..||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|International Team Leader at DABS||Kabul||04 Sep 2017|
|رئیس آبرسانی زون شرق at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply ..||Nangarhar||22 Aug 2017|
|Architect Engineer at INL/CSSP||Kabul||19 Aug 2017|
|Maintenance Engineer for Salangs at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Road Pavement Maintenance Engineer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Quality Control Engineer at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Senior Natural Resource Management (NRM) Coor.. at MAIL/Panj-Amu||Kabul||28 Aug 2017|
|Water Supply Specialist at Capital Region Independent Development Authori..||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Transportation Specialist at Capital Region Independent Development Autho..||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Structure Specialist at Capital Region Independent Development Authority ..||Kabul||18 Aug 2017|
|Team Leader (Emergency Project) at DACAAR||Multi Cities||13 Sep 2017|
|Foreman (Emergency Project) at DACAAR||Multi Cities||08 Sep 2017|
|Water Supply Engineer at Harirod Construction Company (HCC)||Kabul||20 Aug 2017|
|Project Manager at trust construction company||Herat||20 Sep 2017|
|Road Structures Engineer (Culvert,Bridge,Wash.. at trust construction com..||Paktia||24 Aug 2017|
|Structural/Bridge Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Site Inspector at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Resident Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Quantity Surveyor at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Materials/Pavement Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Software developer at CH.A CO (Chartered Accountant Company)||Herat||22 Aug 2017|