(M&E Advisor) for MoMP/ Research & Development Directorate(535 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor provides technical advice and support to Program
Management Team and provincial and district governments on monitoring and evaluation of program implementations and their outcomes, The M&E Advisor, with support from the M&E team, will be responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of the project. This includes the development of the Project’s M&E framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making.
|Date Posted:||05 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/M&E Advisor|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports and supervises collection and analysis of data for project M&E in accordance with timeframes set forth in the work plan.
2. Develops M&E instrumentation tools for the project as needed (including monitoring) data collection forms for program and partner staff).
3. Supports the documentation of best practices and facilitate the use of such data to drive program design and decision making.
4. Provides technical assistance to build or strengthening partner and stakeholder capacity for data management and M&E.
5. Develops Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and oversees its implementation and periodic revision.
6. Supports and supervises collection and analysis of data for project M&E in accordance with timeframes set in the PMP.
7. Provides technical assistance to build or strengthening partner and stakeholder capacity for data management and M&E.
8. Provides information and support in the development of the work plan, quarterly reports and annual reports.
9. Contribute to team’s efforts of development of standards and good practices in M&E documents; being responsible of developing guidance (manual, users aids, training materials) for staff regarding specific topics related to M&E systems and analysis
10. Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
• University degree in Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration Economy or related subject; Master’s preferable.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in related field.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ M & E Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Specialist at Hawk Vision||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|Senior Data Demand and Use Specialist at Futures Group Global Outreach||Kabul||03 Dec 2017|
|Re-announce: Monitoring and Evaluation Expert.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Food and Agriculture Organi..||Herat||30 Nov 2017|
|Development Program Specialist (Monitoring an.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|