(Sector Advisor, Commodities and Market) for MoMP/ Research & Development Directorate(182 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
(Sector Advisor, Commodities and Market), provides technical advice and support to Program
Management Team and provincial and district governments on monitoring and evaluation of program implementations and their outcomes (Sector Advisor, Commodities and Market), with support from the R & D team, will be responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of the project. This includes the development of the Project’s R & D framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making.
|Date Posted:||05 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/(Sector Advisor, Commodities and Market)|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintaining and developing supply chain data, market analysis and business intelligence activities
2. Conducting full value chain supply, demand, trade and price analyses, generating short term and longer term sector forecasts.
3. Conveying market research and analysis results and implications to clients through written reports and oral communications
4. Cultivating and maintaining contacts with government, academic and industry representatives.
5. Daily monitoring of relevant product markets, as well as key feed input markets, and communication of implications of developments to producers and other supply chain clients.
6. Developing marketing and price risk management strategies for clients
7. Providing expertise on the supply chain for training purposes, outlook conferences and as a contributor to projects and Multi Client studies
8. Participation in conference calls and meetings with clients to discuss market factors and forecasts
9. Design specialist strategies to procure commodities in regional and global markets
10. Assist in adhering to quality norms through resource and techniques evaluation
11. Develop and consolidate business relations.
12. Assist suppliers and staff through research.
13. Manage commodity procurement according to specifications
14. Build strategies to encourage high levels of supplier performance.
15. Advise appropriately on commodity trends and budgets.
16. Collaborate with and lead Commodity manager on required issues.
17. Attend business meetings and keep updated on developments.
18. Develop plans for better negotiations and cost reduction.
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
• University degree in Marketing, Financial Management, Public Administration, Business Administration Economy or related subject; Master’s preferable.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in related field.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Sector Advisor, Commodities and Market must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||11 Sep 2017|
|INTERNSHIP at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||26 Aug 2017|
|EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|
|SENIOR BUSINESS AND STRATEGY ADVISOR at Exchangerzone, Inc.||Kabul||23 Aug 2017|