Senior Policy Advisor for MoMP/ Research & Development Directorate(964 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Senior Policy Advisor, provides technical advice and support to Program
Management Team and provincial and district governments on monitoring and evaluation of program implementations and their outcomes, Senior Policy Advisor, with support from the R & D team, will be responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting-related activities and requirements of the project. This includes the development of the Project’s R & D framework, the development of a performance monitoring system, overseeing the maintenance of monitoring data collections systems (including developing and maintaining a project data base). He/she will also contribute to the design and assist in managing program assessments and evaluations and promote a culture of evidence-based decision making.
|Date Posted:||05 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/Senior Policy Advisor|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan on Policy Advisory based on job description.
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to policy formulation and implementation affecting the extractive industries in Afghanistan
3. Assist in the drafting and revision of policies and other technical documentation
4. Undertake assigned research relating to policy in the extractive industries
5. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects
6. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
7. Take a lead role in drafting and disseminating various materials for policy and advocacy, such as reports, briefings, and submissions to different key stakeholders, presentations, letters, blogs and other relevant outputs
8. Provides substantive technical expertise and policy advice directly to the Minister, partner institutions and senior staff in the Ministry in his/her technical area
9. Liaises with the Minister to identify and/or create policies that would help accelerate Liberia’s Private Sector growth as well as encourage more foreign investment
10. Generates editorials for public relations purposes such as articles for the Ministry website, newsletters or brochures
11. In support of the aforementioned task, be responsible for coaching and mentoring of senior Ministry staff, trainees, and junior professionals
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
• University degree in Public Policy, Public Administration or related subject; Master’s preferable.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in related field.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Programme
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Senior Policy Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Policy Officer (SO3 Manager - Behav.. at United Nations World F..||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|APPS SME at MOIA||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Democracy and .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Assistant (Multiple Vacan.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Program Assistant for MoMP/Chief of Staff at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|