Statistician and Modeler for MoMP/ Research & Development Directorate(803 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Applicants should have strong knowledge of some or all of the following: logistic regression, categorical data analyses, ANOVA, advanced regression methods, and longitudinal and outcome-based modeling. Successful applicant should be comfortable discussing the academic merits of various statistical methods.
|Date Posted:||05 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/Statistician and Modeler|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Working closely with clients during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models to provide high-quality statistical modeling support
2. Collecting, organizing, and analyzing a wide variety of data (with SAS) to support modeling work and to answer client business model questions
3. Over time, the analyst should become an expert in implementing Modern Analytic’s novel product Model Factory as a solution to meet clients’ business analytics needs and should be capable of leading client projects without much supervision
4. SAS programming for data analysis and data preparation.
5. Building predictive and forecasting models and evaluating results.
6. Creating presentations from analytic data.
7. Analysis, such as: generating tables, listings, and graphs as required.
8. Interacting with others to ensure a high level of client satisfaction through successful execution of projects.
9. To carry out statistical analysis on large volumes of data.
10. To work as part of a larger data analyst team helping out with various projects
11. To act as a point of contact for statistical queries.
12. To assist in any project work that involves the statistical analysis of data.
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
• University degree in Statistics, Management, Public Administration, Business Administration Economy or related subject; Master’s preferable.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in related field.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Statistician and Modeler must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر تجارتی at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|مدیر مالی و اداری at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Administration Officer at GTR Group||Kabul||04 Aug 2018|
|(معاونیت تجارتی (ریاست جو.. at DABS||Jawzjan||24 Jul 2018|
|(مدیر تحریرات (سروبی at DABS||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|ریاست تهیه و تدارکات at DABS||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|