Internal Audit Specialist(941 Views)
About Ministry of Finance
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) has received financing from the World Bank towards cost of the Public Financial Management Reform Project (PFMR-II) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The services include Institutional development, through technical support, capacity building, and guidance to Internal Audit Department of Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other Line Ministries.
Hence Ministry of Finance now invites expression of interest (EOI) from eligible individual consultants having relevant experience in the related areas. Interested individual consultant must provide information indicating that he/she is qualified to perform the services.
The basic objective of the assignment is to carry out & lead the internal audit of government agencies and donor funded projects run by government agencies. Supporting IAD/MoF & IADs of Line Ministries in strengthening their internal audit staff for capacity & institutional development program is also a part of the assignment.
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2017||Reference:||002-IAD-PFMRII|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) As a team leader of an audit team, prepares audit plans/programs, and providing on job training to civil
2) Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management frame work.
3) Provides technical assistance & support in building the Internal audit function per the IIA standards,
4) Documents findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the concerned Director and Director
General on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement.
5) Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve operating
6) Provide technical assistance & support in preparing internal audit reports,
7) Mobilizes audit teams; ensuring that internal audit is being carried out as per Internal Audit Standards and
Internal Audit Guide for Donor funded Projects adopted by the Department,
8) Carry out follow up audits as required,
9) Provides appropriate supervision all the time to the team members,
10) Reviews working papers prepared by team members & provide expert guidance,
11) Reviews drafts of audit reports prepared by audit teams & provide expert guidance,
12) Finalize audit reports and submit to the Director General & Project director,
13) Monitors the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas.
14) Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within Department.
15) Participates in the implementation of learning and training development plan.
16) Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the Director General IAD & / OR Project Head.
1) Fluency in Pashto, Dari & English (reading, writing, and speaking) is must.
2) Good computer operating skills (Ms. Office & internet)
3) Management & team leadership ability.
4) Having the required skills in general management.
5) Writing and communication ability in professional and related area.
1) Academic Qualification should at least be GRADUATION, (Bachelors degree in Business Administration,
Finance, Commerce or relevant discipline).
2) A minimum of five (05) years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant field (Public
3) Good understanding and previous work experience in all aspects of financial management.
4) Experience in Afghan Government Financial Management system would be an added advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested applicant are requested to submit their CV and letter of interest to the mentioned e-mail address. Please do not forget to mention the vacancy number in the subject of the email.
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|