US Government Grants Manager(804 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Development Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as US Government Grants Manager based in Kabul. The US Government Grants Manager will maintain AUAF’s relationships with US Government donors, including USAID and the US embassy.
The US Government Grants Manager will focus on three primary areas:
1. Manage and maintain AUAF’s relationship with its principal U. S. government (USG) donors;
2. Ensure that AUAF remains compliant with all USG grants and related regulations; and
3. Broaden AUAF’s engagement with the USG with a view to improving AUAF’s services and infrastructure.
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||20 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The US Government Grants Manager is a well-rounded professional with extensive experience in administering USG grants and ensuring compliance. The main duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee overall performance under a USAID cooperative agreement
• Work with the AUAF team to negotiate future cooperative agreements and grants
• Handle USAID audits, inspections and other quality assurance issues, and interpret and respond to official correspondence from USAID and support all USAID interactions, including official documents, concept notes, and proposals
• Help AUAF departments understand and comply with all relevant contracting principles, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Contract Information Bulletins (CIBS) / Acquisition and Assistance Policy Directives (AAPDs), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular, Title 22 of Code of Federal Regulations as appropriate to USAID, and Automated Directive Systems (ADS)
• Establish standards, procedures, and policies to ensure that the compliance programs throughout projects are effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations
• Monitor and facilitate compliance of programs with donor and AUAF requirements and raise issues affecting external/internal compliance, projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission, and significant budget variances, as well as proposing remedial solutions to the senior administration
• Provide internal reports on a regular basis, and as directed, keep senior management informed of the progress of compliance efforts.
• Lead all donor reporting processes, coordinating with the relevant unit heads to ensure timely submission of high quality programmatic and financial reports
• Contribute to the grants review process and support the Development Office as needed in the development and coordination of high quality proposals, memoranda of understanding, or concept notes for submission to donors
• Support the senior administration team in other key grants management, program development, monitoring and evaluation, communications and external relations activities as requested
• Other advisory duties as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Minimum 5 years of senior-level responsibilities with USAID or USAID- or USG-funded programs
• Demonstrated familiarity with all relevant contracting principles related to USAID and other USG programs
• Demonstrated experience with writing documentation and reporting related to USAID and USG contracts
• Knowledge of local and international donor landscape and experience working with all major grant makers and familiarity with their expectations and attitudes
• Well-rounded knowledge of grants, proposal development, and monitoring and evaluation to serve as quality control for all of AUAF’s grant writing
• Demonstrated experience with advising senior-level administrators
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes
• Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “US Government Grants Manager” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before August 20th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Business Development Manager at Noorzai International Corporation||Kabul||15 Apr 2018|
|Re-Announced, Business Development Manager at Abdulhai Gardezi Constructi..||Kabul||05 Apr 2018|
|دستیار مالی و حسابی at DABS||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|
|Postal Development Project Manager at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|
|Postal Innovation & Development Technical Spe.. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||24 Mar 2018|