Training Advisor(886 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
Training Advisor with OCB
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2017||Reference:||JSSP-OCB-234|
|Closing Date:||13 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist counterpart Afghan government officials to develop training policies, strategies and plans.
2. Plan and conduct initial assessments of training and mentoring functions in Afghan justice institutions.
3. Help develop training and mentoring programs for Afghan justice institution officials with goal of adequately equipping ministry staff to provide in-house training.
4. In coordination with JSSP organizational capacity subject matter experts and local national staff, implement tailored training and mentoring programs for Afghan justice institutions.
5. Help the Afghan justice institutions to devise effective mechanisms for implementation of their long term strategies.
6. Assist the Afghan justice institutions, including the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute, to coordinate on training and mentoring programs.
7. Help build Afghan justice institution capacity by establishing mentoring relationships with key Afghan officials involved in policy development and planning.
8. Develop and maintain expertise in training and mentoring within the Afghan Attorney General’s Office, the Ministries of Justice and Women’s Affairs, and the Supreme Court of Afghanistan.
9. Conduct necessary liaison with other relevant US Government, international and intergovernmental rule of law programs, in particular, IDLO.
10. Help develop the professional skills of JSSP Afghan teammates.
11. Ensure that related officials and departments of each Afghan justice institution are fully engaged in transition activities and building capacity and achieving self-sufficiency in the area of in-house training.
12. Provide regular required reports on work activities and all other reports as required by JSSP leadership.
13. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the Training and Mentoring Subject Matter Expert (SME) and the chain of command.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and leadership at all organizational levels.
2. Excellent verbal and written English, Pashto and Dari skills.
3. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Excellent curriculum/lesson plan development, writing, coordination and implementation skills.
5. Ability to quickly build effective working relationships with fellow advisors and teammates and Afghan government officials.
6. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify and implement effective solutions.
7. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple challenging and competing deadlines.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Team building, management and supervisory skills.
10. Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
1. Knowledge of current best international practices for training and mentoring.
2. Knowledge of organizational development.
3. Knowledge of the government and ministries of Afghanistan.
4. Knowledge of capacity building and transition for Afghan justice institutions.
5. Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring programs in the international development sector.
1. Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field is minimum requirement.
2. Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred.
3. Specialized and certified training in education is preferred.
4. Five years of professional work experience with at least three years of relevant experience in teaching/training required.
5. Experience training and mentoring government officials is preferred.
6. Experience working in cross-cultural environments is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies NO later than August 13, 2017. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Training Advisor-JSSP-OCB-233) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|مشاور ارشد حقوقی at وزارت اطلاعات وفرهنگ||Kabul||27 Mar 2018|