About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2017||Reference:||JSSP-PAE-238|
|Closing Date:||13 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Translate documents from English into Dari/Pashto and vice versa.
• Interpret expertly during meetings, conferences and seminars.
• Interpret simultaneously in meetings and workshops and should be able to travel to provinces.
• Work with translators from other teams/organizations.
• Maintain hard and soft copy of filing system of translated documents.
• Take on other related responsibilities delegated by Section Leader and Legal Translator Section Leader.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and oral English, Pashto and Dari
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients
• Development and management of an effective and motivated team
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload
• Bachelor in English, Literature or relevant field required; Master desirable
• At least 3 years of experience working in translation and interpretation
• Experience translating and interrupting legal documents
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto
• Good reading, writing, spelling and comprehension of English, Dari and Pashto
• Ability to interpret and translate simultaneously
• Computer literacy and knowledge and work experience in MS Office: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
• Ability to work in a team and be detail oriented
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Previous experience working with an international organization
• Self-motivated, organized and disciplined.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Literature
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies NO later than August 13, 2017. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Translator-JSSP-PAE-238) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|(Re-advertised) Translation Unit Head at MOIA||Kabul||02 Oct 2017|
|Female Translator/Interpreter at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|
|Dari/Pashto – English Translator at NETLINKS||Kabul||10 Aug 2018|