Procurement Advisor(1070 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
Procurement Advisor with OCB-AGO section.
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2017||Reference:||JSSP-OCB-243|
|Closing Date:||13 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Ministry in streamlining the procurement process according to the Procurement Law and Rules of Procedure
• Assist the Ministry in tendering, pre/post bid evaluation, selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors and promoting good procurement practices with due regard to sustainability and ethical purchasing standards
• Develop training materials on procurement
• Build capacity in the Ministry on procurement and provide day-to-day mentoring on procurement activities
• Assist in warehouse management
• Participate in meetings promoting procurement best practices and co-ordinate with other donors working on procurement and general National Procurement Department
• Work and assist the Ministry in developing and implementing a database system
• Provide regular reporting on work activities
• Maintain current knowledge of Procurement Law, Rules of Procedure and other significant documents related to procurement
• Liaise with the Ministry of Finance as needed
• Conduct training and mentoring in the provinces
• Translate written and spoken English and Dari as requested
• Perform any other duties as assigned by a supervisor
• Conduct training needs assessment and prepare training curriculum package
• Travel and conduct training in provinces to the governmental staff
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and leadership at all organizational levels.
• Excellent verbal and written English, Pashto and Dari skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent curriculum/lesson plan development, writing, coordination and implementation skills.
• Ability to quickly build effective working relationships with fellow advisors and teammates and Afghan government officials.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify and implement effective solutions.
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple challenging and competing deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Team building, management and supervisory skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Master’s degree is desirable in management or any finance stream.
• 5 years of work experience; including at least 3 years in procurement at the ministry/ project office/ corporate-level.
• Familiarity with Afghanistan Procurement Law and Rules of Procedure.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
• Able to work with government organizations.
• Good administrative and communication skills.
• Experience working in cross-cultural environments.
• Good computer skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite is required.
• Knowledge of database system is desirable.
• Proficiency in writing and speaking both English and Dari is required. Pashto speaking ability is also desired.
• Knowledge of current best international practices for training and mentoring.
• Knowledge of organizational development.
• Knowledge of the government and ministries of Afghanistan.
• Knowledge of capacity building and transition for Afghan justice institutions.
• Knowledge and understanding of training and mentoring programs in the international development sector.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies NO later than August 13, 2017. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it, not the candidate itself, if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Procurement Advisor-JSSP-OCB-243) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Specialist at Tetra Tech||Kandahar||26 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Assistant at DACAAR||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|