Proposal Writing Advisor(772 Views)
About Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP)
The Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a multi-pronged effort to develop and strengthen the capacity of the Afghan criminal justice sector institutions and justice professionals. JSSP is funded by the United States Department of State/Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL). PAE is INL’s prime contractor responsible for implementing JSSP. Through capacity building, technical advice and direct assistance, JSSP helps the justice institutions and the justice professionals perform their respective roles in delivering fair and effective justice services to the citizens of Afghanistan. In addition to working with justice institutions, JSSP participates in a variety of projects designed to promote access to a fair and effective justice system.
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2017||Reference:||JSSP-OCB-245|
|Closing Date:||13 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the ministry in writing project proposals by gathering information on project
• nature, objectives/ outcomes, outputs, deliverables, project implementation, human resource, budget and costing, monitoring and evaluation, timeline, risks and issues and other required information
• Help the Ministry in determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs
• Assist Ministry in coordinating requirements for the project from different stakeholders involved in the project proposal writing
• Develop training materials on writing project proposals
• Build capacity by providing day-to-day mentoring in the ministry on project proposal writing
• Provide regular reporting on work activities
• To conduct training and mentoring in the Ministry and provinces
• Maintain current knowledge of Budget, Human Resource, National Priority Program
• (NPP), Ministry Strategy, Ministry Policy and other significant documents related to ministry that would be helpful in developing project proposals
• Liaise with the Ministry of Economy, Civil Service Institute, Donors and other agencies as needed
• Translate written and spoken English and Dari as requested
• Perform any other duties as assigned by a supervisor
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and leadership at all organizational levels.
• Excellent verbal and written English, Pashto and Dari skills.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent curriculum/lesson plan development, writing, coordination and implementation skills.
• Ability to quickly build effective working relationships with fellow advisors and teammates and Afghan government officials.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify and implement effective solutions.
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple challenging and competing deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Team building, management and supervisory skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and balance a heavy workload.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in any field.
• 5 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in writing proposal for national or international organization.
• Experience working with the government organizations would be an asset.
• Good administrative and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to build relationships with partners and clients.
• Training experience will be an asset.
• Experience working in cross-cultural environments.
• Deadline oriented.
• Good computer skills with excellent ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Proficiency in writing and speaking both English and Dari. Pashto speaking ability is desired.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Only the candidates meeting the above requirements can apply for this vacancy by submitting their resumes to PAE-JSSP-Vacancies by NO later than August 13, 2016. Please download and fill in the Internal Job Application Form and ask your supervisor to submit it not the candidate itself if you are working with any PAE Programs.
Note: While applying for this vacancy, kindly please mention (Proposal Writing Advisor-JSSP-OCB-245) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
|More jobs in this category|
|Provincial Public Affairs Advisor at Colombo Plan||Nangarhar||24 Jul 2018|