Broadcast Journalist (Women’s Affairs) peshawar(1435 Views)
About BBC World Service
BBC World Service in Afghanistan
Reporting the BBC Pashto Online Editor, the ideal candidate will be required to gather news, conduct interviews, translate text from English into Pashto, and produce reports for Pashto Online.
They will be expected to work collaboratively with Women’s Affairs Journalists and organisations in Afghanistan and the region.
Candidates must confirm in the application their legal permission to work in Pakistan.
The ideal candidate must and have a drive, positive hardworking attitude and a passion for news and current affairs. Having a sound understanding of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and global politics, operating computer and ability to type in Pashto and English. This role requires meeting women in urban and rural communities.
|Date Posted:||07 Aug 2017||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
To produce and develop a women’s blogging network within the region and among diaspora from the region.
• To identify compelling blogs/ bloggers and translate content in a form suitable for our multiple platforms.
• To be up to date with the news agenda in Afghanistan and understand how it’s playing out in social spaces.
• To commission bloggers taking editorial responsibility for content.
• To work with website & social teams to ensure content is well placed and distributed appropriately.
• To join or build dedicated communities around the subject and seed content where appropriate.
• To ensure that on- and off-site conversation with users is of the highest quality, from technical queries to questions about editorial direction.
• To report to the Pashto Online Editor.
• To report from the field as required, to work flexibly, to follow BBC guidelines on health and safety, and procedures on risk.
• This role may on occasions require working flexibly.
• To work collaboratively with colleagues in teams across the Afghan Service and wider BBC
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
Creative Thinking - able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Developing Others - able to recognise potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise) and is willing to foster the development of that potential. Creates a climate in which potential can be realised.
Resilience - manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
• A successful record in working in an online production environment with demonstrable experience and enthusiasm for social media and interactivity.
• Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of developments in social media and related areas.
• A clear understanding of the needs and profile of the target audience and the ability to translate these into imaginative and compelling content, specifically with reference to social media.
• Comprehensive knowledge of writing and editing content for publication to high editorial standards in Pashto.
• Evidence of sound editorial and community judgement as well as an understanding of the power of online communities.
• The ability to plan and organise time and resources effectively and to manage projects to conclusion according to deadlines.
• A high standard of both written and spoken Pashto & English, along with the ability to communicate effectively.
• The ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure.
Applicants are required to submit electronic copy of their CVs with a covering letter stating interest in the job and contact details to Submission e-mail
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|More jobs in this category|
|CULTURAL & MEDIA ADVISOR at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute Support||Kabul||10 Aug 2018|