Social Mobilizer(2666 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the direct supervision of the irrigation project coordinator and guidance of the director of the irrigation directorate and in close coordination with the CLAP infrastructure specialist, the Social Mobilizer will be responsible for mobilizing farming community of each selected irrigation scheme and establishment of Irrigation Association (IA), and development of Irrigation Roaster (IR). He/she should properly understand the existing water distribution and management arrangements and document it. The incumbent will be based in one of the target provinces (Kabul, Logar, Parwan, He-rat, Balkh, Nengrahar and Baghlan Province), and will report to the irrigation project coordinator based in irrigation directorate of MAIL.
|Date Posted:||07 Aug 2017||Reference:||Social Mobilizer 06/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||18 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
More especially he/she will be responsible for:
• Contact Mirab or Irrigation Association of the respective irrigation scheme, and arrange introductory and Rapport Building Meetings with farmers
• Preparation of list of shareholders (farmers) and collection of Socio Economic data.
• Walk-thru survey along the existing watercourse/irrigation scheme in the presence of Mirab or Irrigation Association, and other community elders to document scheme related specific data, and report any issue that could probably prevent the rehabilitation work at any stage of the project
• Assist in holding of elections for electing executive body of the IAs, collect membership fee and open a bank account for the association
• To convince communities to clearly outline role and contribution of the project and IA
• To register IAs with the ID/ MAIL formally as per the approved IA's by-laws
• To identify potential leaders and/or organizers, and encourage them for cleaning of the canal
• To motivate and encourage potential leaders to talk to their fellow community members about unity and self-reliance.
• To initiate actions aimed at breaking down passivity, apathy and attitudes of letting others do things for them.
• To raise awareness that community members themselves can move each community out of poverty, and to show them ways they can do this for themselves.
• To educate the community elders about project objectives and ensuring them that they are working for their benefits and wellbeing.
• To assist community members to identify needs and to generate solutions, identifying priority issues and to analyse their problems.
• To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among community members.
• To assist the community in obtaining available outside resources, warning of the negative effects of becoming too dependent upon outside resources.
• To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making.
• To perform any other task assigned by the irrigation project coordinator
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to read, write and speak in local languages.
• Previous mobilization experience or training.
• Skills, training and/or experience in management, social animation, and/or extension, social research, adult education, acting, journalism.
• Skills of using personal computer and internet.
• Candidates should have Bachelor in Social Science / Agriculture or relevant field
• At least have 3 years relevant experience
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Kindly send us your Attested Educational Documents by the Ministry of Higher Education.
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter electronically to
• Subject line must be: (Social Mobilizer 06/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written Test
By email to the following address:
CLAP & SNaPP-2/MAIL
Jamal Mena, Karti – Sakhi
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP).
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2)
|More jobs in this category|
|Provincial Site Coordinator - Nangarhar at Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural..||Nangarhar||25 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Technical Specialist - Nangarhar at Catalyzing Afghan Agricult..||Nangarhar||25 Jul 2018|
|EFL Instructor (Adjunct) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Livestock Extension Officer at SNAPP-2/MAIL||Nangarhar||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Manager at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Kandahar||24 Jul 2018|
|Breeder & Hatchery Consultant at CARD-F||Kandahar||21 Jul 2018|
|Breeder Consultant at CARD-F||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Commercial Layer Farms Consultant at CARD-F||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Hatchery Consultant at CARD-F||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|National Community Development Specialist at Food and Agriculture Organiz..||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator at MAIL||Nangarhar||24 Jul 2018|