Structure Specialist(1060 Views)
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows:
1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment.
2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices.
3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region.
4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for a Structure Specialist to play active role in Infrastructure Development Program division (ISP) and contribute in managing and preparation of multidisciplinary tasks for achieving the strategic goals of CRIDA on objective basis.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2017||Reference:||CRIDA-038-2017|
|Closing Date:||18 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Structure Specialist will report directly to the Senior Manager for Infrastructure and Structure Projects/ ISP Director
Specific and key accountabilities and responsibilities outlined as below!
• Reviewing design and drafting works completed by colleagues or other parties for compliance with original design intent.
• Review QA/QC site visit and materials testing reports to ensure sampling, testing and inspection of materials are carried out regularly and works are implemented in compliance with design specifications.
• Reviews and approves inspections, test plans and quality control plans from client/consultant.
• Identifies, analyzes and resolves problems and issues with quality assurance and control for site construction.
• Preparation of daily QA report, weekly QA coordination meeting, monthly progress report, deficiency report, material supplying report to site final inspection reports.
• Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
• Manage and organize the works and update a detail annual work plans.
• Develop and introduce manuals, tools, guide lines, standards and processes for production of effective results.
• Provides and arranges required plans and other technical documents for project management development.
• Review of the projects documents and designs prepared by Infrastructure Division
• Monitors and evaluates the construction work on site.
• Liaise with other Divisions/Departments and staff to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
• Make recommendations on possible changes to the design, drawings or specification, which may prove necessary or desirable during the course of the projects.
• The participants should have the knowledge of EOI, RFP, and engineering estimates, BOQs of the engineering projects, monthly report and all procedures to prequalify and float tenders of projects to contractors.
• Manage and organize all engineering files and technical documents.
• Undertaking any other relevant duties as assigned by the ISP Director.
Experience in building structure design is required;
Good knowledge of Auto Cad & other civil engineering software;
Good knowledge of Ms office;
Previous similar experience in designing and implementation of construction;
Proven abilities to produce technical guidelines;
Experience with disability issues is an asset;
Excellent writing and spoken Dari, Pashto and English are an asset;
Good skill in organization;
Excellent communication skills.
Minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering. Higher degree will be highly preferred.
Minimum 5 years of work experience similar to the position;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
To apply for the above position, please email your application, together with an update CV before 18th Aug, 2017 to:
Human Resources Department
Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA)
House #214, Street #4, 4th Precinct
Solh Road, Ansari 1st Stree, Haji Yaqoob Square, Share-Naw
Kabul, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
CRIDA will not be able to respond to inquiries about application status and will only contact short-listed candidates.
Email: email@example.com; CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Surveyor Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||31 Mar 2018|
|WASH Deputy Program Manager, Soft components at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||29 Mar 2018|
|Field Engineer at DACAAR||Kabul||26 Mar 2018|
|Proposal Writer at PG Global Group||Kabul||30 May 2018|