Senior Natural Resource Management (NRM) Coordinator(1474 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Panj Amu Project is an irrigation and natural resources management project which is designed and prepared under the context of National Natural Resources Management Strategy (N-NRMS 2017-2021).
This project, funded by Asian Development Bank & EU, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure, watershed management and establishment of IAs and its capacity building in 5 province in Panj Amu River Basin (Bamyan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Badakhshan).
Under the direct supervision of Project Director, the Snr. NRM Coordinator is responsible to overall management and implementation of the project to ensure community-based management of the natural resources (natural forests, rang-elands, medicinal plants, protected areas and wildlife) based on the principles as stipulated in the policy and the national strategy of natural resource management.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2017||Reference:||Panj-Amu/MAIL/2017/V-002|
|Closing Date:||28 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Feasibility study, site selection, prepares comprehensive assessment report and coordination with the relevant stakeholders including communities.
• Watershed based planning for community based management of natural resources within 21 sites in Panj Amu project, based on the NRM national strategy
• Lead and provide day-to-day guidance and advice on community-based natural resources conservation and management issues for the project, in consultation with the national, regional and provincial MAIL/NRM Departments.
• Introduce appropriate practices including agro-forestry, sylvo-pasture, woodlots (timber and industrial) and income generating small projects to the directorate to be implemented for rural communities/FMAs, RMAs, PAMAs to encourage community participation in sustainable management of natural resources (conservation & improvement, restoration, expansion, watershed management, and sustainable utilization of forests, rangelands and medicinal plants).
• Undertake actions for rehabilitation of endangered and extinct species of medicinal plants.
• Policy review, participate and contribute substantially in identification and Revisions/improvements of natural resources operations Manual (OM); to Support improved governance around natural resource management.
• Take the lead to develop technical manuals, guidelines, procedures and process to facilitate the NRM practices in the field in consultation with national, provincial and local MAIL/NRM departments.
• Develop and implement capacity development plan for national, provincial and local NRM staff including rural communities particularly Forest Management Associations (FMAs), Rangelands Management Associations (RMAs) and relevant communities
• Contribute and advise in the preparation of the needed training modules and curricula;
o Help to establish, promote, strengthen and maintain collaboration, coordination and synergy among all stakeholders, at central and provincial levels.
• Establish a sound and technical monitoring and evaluation plan and system with clear indicators for NRM interventions and conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the project interventions.
• Lead in identifying and resolving natural resources management issues, challenges and risks; Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, annual and on the need to need basis reports to the project management and MAIL/GD-NRM.
• Contribution to the activities of NRM department and providing assistance whenever required.
• Any other tasks assign by supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• A bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources Management while Preference will be given to Master’s degree in the mentioned fields.
• At least 4-5 years of relevant experience relevant to the job Preference will be given to candidates with additional years of experience.
• The candidate should demonstrate high motivation & leadership, program management, strategic thinking, problem and conflict resolution, analyzing, research, program developing, team building, and communication skills & experiences; she/he shall be committed for building transparent and accountable organization and maintain enabling environment.
• Commitment to transparent and accountable organization and demonstrate skills to create environment of harmony.
• The candidate shall be competent with modern natural resources management tools and technologies (GIS and remote sensing, NRM designing packages) and required computer skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English, languages with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports;
• Proven experience of Government and Asian Development Bank working system and understanding sub-national institutional contexts of will be an asset;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Send your CV to below email address.
HR Department Contracted Staff
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock,
Address: Kabul University Road, Kabul,
Note: No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Five Engineer, Five Technician, Five Electric.. at APEC||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||07 Aug 2018|
|Powered Support Systems Mechanial at Global Technology||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||29 Jul 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Mechanical Engineer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Mechanic (Generator Technician) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر امور فاضلاب at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر سروی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corp..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Engineer/Solar Engineer at Jubaili Bros||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Senior Projects Coordinator at DABS||Kabul||16 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Procurement Director at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|