Hardware Specialist for MoMP/ IT Directorate(477 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The hardware engineer is responsible for the assessing computer needs and offer technical support
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/ Hardware Specialist (IT Directorate)|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. The hardware engineer is responsible for the hardware configuration of computers and system.
3. He / She are responsible for the system updates by improving the components for increased function, speed and efficiency.
4. The hardware engineer analysis existing systems to identify flaws and inefficiencies and make modifications that will increase efficiency.
5. The hardware engineer is responsible for the assessing computer needs and offer technical support.
6. The hardware engineer will apply his/ her technical skills troubleshooting. Based on their findings he/she will devise more advanced systems.
7. He/she is responsible for the testing and verifications of newly installed hardware and ensures that they are properly functioning and conform to the testing norms and specifications.
8. Check and configure the newly purchased computers and other equipment and if necessary provide the hardware specifications to the procurement department.
9. Repair and troubleshoot the problems identified in the system and give ideas to the colleagues when needed.
10. The hardware engineer will do system checkup for the maintenance, identify problems and give suggestions.
11. In team work, he/she will cooperate and provide technical support to the ICT team in order to increase the efficiency.
12. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the department seniors.
13. Perform the duties under the IT director and take account any other task assigned by the supervisor.
2. Experience in Java EE and SE would be an asset.
3. Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through code level.
4. Should have the knowledge of using Visio software to develop flowcharts or any other thing deemed necessary.
5. Should have worked with different RDBMS systems like MS-SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL and PosGre SQL.
6. Should be familiar with basic and complex SQL queries.
7. Should be familiar with DML, DDL and UML concepts.
8. Should be familiar with different diagram concepts like flowcharts, ERDs and many more.
9. Should be familiar with MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Should be familiar on how to take the lead of the development process.
1. Have bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science and any other related field with 5 years of related professional experience and Master Degree preferred.
2. Have worked with the national, international and government organizations within Afghanistan.
3. Have demonstrated experience in development of Management Information Systems and databases.
4. Have demonstrated experience in development of Enterprise Resource planning.
5. Have developed MIS/Database systems for various organizations especially government organizations.
6. Have the knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile software methodologies of software development.
7. Have a strong concept of Object Oriented Programming and Model View Controller Patterns.
8. Have worked as a lead of MIS/Database at different organizations.
9. Perform any other task related to the field assigned by the Director of IT.
10. Should have demonstrated experience in training of the technical and non-technical staff regarding database issues.
11. Strong experience in working with MS-SQL reporting tools and development of complex reports.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT - Hardware
• Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 21/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Hardware Specialist must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Hardware Officer for MoMP/ IT Directorate at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|