Admin/Finance Officer for MoMP/SOEs Directorate(1131 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Admin/Finance Officer is responsible to Assist MoMP SOEs Directorate to develop comprehensive financial plans for MoMP SOEs, develop and maintain proper filling of financial supporting documentations, tax remittance confirmations, wire transfer confirmations, project agreements and partner agreements in an appropriate manner for SOEs in accordance to the best practices. Comprehensive cooperation in the planning and arrangement of the Financial Plan and send it to the SOEs Directorate MoMP. Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports and submitting them to SOEs directorate. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the Admin/Finance Department of the SOEs Directorate and to report to the Director of SOEs Directorate.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Admin/Finance Officer|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist MoMP SOEs Directorate to develop comprehensive Financial plans for MoMP SOEs
• Preparation of monthly/periodic and other financial reports of SOEs needs regularly
• Coordinate with technical departments of SOEs to verify technical specifications, employer’s requirements, standards, policies, rules and regulations, etc.
• Ensure to maintain and update financial records in accordance with SOEs MoMP policy.
• Supervise/maintain cash and bank transactions and ensure reconciliation and proper record keeping at all times
• Develop and maintain proper filling of financial supporting documentations, tax remittance confirmations, wire transfer confirmations, project agreements and partner agreements in an appropriate manner for SOEs in accordance to the best practices.
• Preparation of allotments and Process disbursements including other expenses.
• Preparation and processing daily vouchers and cash books.
• Tracking records in accordance with budgets and budget variances.
• Keeping update records and data for financial filling systems in soft and hard copies.
• The data entry process of financial transactions in financial database.
• Facilitating cash flow plans for expenses using budgets and actual cash flow with assistance of Project Manager and Other Senior Management.
• Timely corrective actions are taken on un-posted vouchers, including vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, and unapproved vouchers;
• Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of financial records and reports SOEs Directorate.
• Monitor funds availability for SOEs Directorate to ensure sufficient funds are on hand for disbursements
• Tracking records in accordance with budgets and budget variances.
• Coordinate with relevant department of SOEs; establish regular working relationships networks with staff from all relevant entities
• Any other tasks assigned by the admin and services Director according to law and regulation
• Familiarity with the Financial and Administrative procedures of international donors is required.
• Experience in national/international donors funded projects and government projects are preferable.
• Knowledge and well understanding of the Afghanistan Financial and Budget laws and procedures is must.
• Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
• Familiarity and understanding of Microsoft Office program. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other require software’s and programs).
• Incumbent shall be fluent in writing, reading & speaking of English, Pashto and Dari Languages.
• Team Work: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and Availability and willingness to undertake challenging jobs and hard work for timely completion of tasks
• Leadership: Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support to achieve target
• Communication: Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed at all level
• Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all background
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• University degree in Commerce, Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economy or related subject; The candidate must have excellent analytical and drafting skills, ability to listen, be a team player as well as having management and leadership skills.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in related field.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable
• Master degree will be a plus point
• English, Dari and Pashto languages fluency
• Manages with meticulous attention to detail
• Program management experience preferred
• Experience administering financial budgets
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve the result.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 21/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Admin/Finance Officer must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر محاسبه مواد at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|مدیر محاسبه عواید at DABS||Kabul||02 Feb 2018|
|Finance officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|