IT Expert for MoMP/SOEs Directorate(992 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the direct supervision of the SOEs Director, the Information Technology (IT) Expert is responsible for providing a wide range of networking and computer support services to the SOEs staff, involving the effective utilization, maintenance, updating, and enhancement of systems. The IT Expert is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and updating staff workstations, as well as diagnosing and resolving network and server connectivity issues , monitoring the implementation of IT-related subcontracts, administering Windows Server 2012-based systems, administering other project systems/equipment (switches, routers, etc.) advising users on the optimal utilization of in-place systems and tools, providing relevant expertise to various partners and stakeholders, and fulfilling other IT-related duties as assigned by the IT Director and the Director SOEs.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/IT Expert|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist MoMP SOEs Directorate to develop comprehensive Technological plans for MoMP SOEs
• Supervise IT Administrator and others working in IT department
• Manage all components of project internal and external IT networks, including but not limited to design, deployment, testing, installation and configuration of project network and workstations;
• Update, maintain, and troubleshoot whatever issues SOEs staff have with their workstations, office printers and other shared systems, office networks and internet connections, Windows file/print/DNS/etc. server, routers, and switches and the company email account;
• Design, test, and update changes to group policy configurations;
• Maintain inventory list of IT and other equipment and report to senior management regularly; ensure safety and secure all equipment; maintain proper assignment documentation recommend policy changes redeployment and use of equipment
• Maintain a consistent accounting of software license usage, request new license purchases when appropriate, and follow up on all licensing-relates issues;
• In consultation with project administrative and technical staff, design, develop and maintain project management information system to effectively manage program and administration information and needs
• In consultation with senior leadership, continue to maintain and improve the project file-sharing system to allow for efficient and safe sharing of files within the project, and as appropriate and needed, with partners, and government of Afghanistan officials;
• Interact with Internet Service Providers (ISP) and maintenance/service companies;
• Coordinate equipment servicing with project operations;
• Monitor and report on the implementation of various network construction, internet-service provision ,and end-user support contracts;
• Create floor plans, physical and logical network diagrams, bills of quantities, scheduling projections, inventory reports, and other documents as required
• Coordinate with project staff (especially Operations and Security) the timely delivery of quality IT goods and services to project beneficiaries as applicable;
• Prepare IT equipment services, equipment and services specifications for all project procurements, review and compare price quotes, investigate market capacity, and research locally-available and locally-supportable solutions to a wide range of IT problems;
• Train SOEs staff and consultants on the various project IT tools and systems;
• Provide technical assistant to SOEs project staff and counterparts including the preparation and effective use of presentation technologies, establishing, maintaining, and monitoring effective filing systems, establishing appropriate file sharing procedures, etc.;
• Prepare periodic progress reports as requested by the supervisor;
• Other operational tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the SOEs Director, IT Director and other Senior Management.
• Familiarity with the IT policies and procedures is required.
• Must have a background in configuring, assembling, integrating, and troubleshooting Desktop/Laptop and LAN environment; client-server and web-based environments;
• Experience supervising, planning, and leading teams;
• Experience in national/international donors funded projects and government projects are preferable.
• Knowledge and well understanding of the Afghanistan laws and procedures is must.
• Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
• Familiarity and understanding of required software’s, Programs and specially Microsoft Office program, Edraw Max. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other require software’s and programs).
• Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
• Incumbent shall be fluent in writing, reading & speaking of English, Pashto and Dari Languages.
• Team Work: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and Availability and willingness to undertake challenging jobs and hard work for timely completion of tasks
• Leadership: Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support to achieve target
• Communication: Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed at all level
• Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all background
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• At least having a Bachelor degree and Master degree in Computer Science / IT
• Certified in at least one of the Microsoft, EC-Council, Comp TIA, Cisco certifications
• At least have 5 years prior experience in the related positions Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable
• Master degree will be a plus point
• English, Dari and Pashto languages fluency
• Manages with meticulous attention to detail
• Program management experience preferred
• Experience administering financial budgets
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve the result.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 21/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ IT Expert must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Financial Management at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Technical IT (E-Gov) Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|IT Officer at Universal Eagle Tracking Co||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Senior Microsoft Project Training Specialist at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||23 Nov 2017|
|Information Technicality (IT) Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|(کارشناس ارشد (انکشاف سیس.. at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) at American University of Afg..||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Network System Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Software Engineering unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Network unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|PDI IT Unit Assistant and Instructor at American University of Afghanista..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Services Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Workshop Assistant (Bakhtar Bank Head Offi.. at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Workshop Engineer (Bakhtar Bank Head Office) at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Windows Server and.. at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|