Senior Legal Officer(1055 Views)
About Afghanistan Payments Systems (APS)
Afghanistan Payments Systems LLC (APS) will help in developing the retail banking market in Afghanistan by providing innovative electronic and mobile payment services that enhance the retail banking offering in the country. APS will be directly responsible for oversight and collaborative activities in defining payment services, common procedures and standards, as well as representation on behalf of its members to the international card associations and networks.
Senior Legal officer will directly report to Managing Director/Deputy Managing Director; Senior legal officer will be responsible for the provision of legal services to the business in contracting, Intellectual Property (IP) management, legal opinion and research, Power of Attorney management, probate administration, legal awareness training and office administration for the organization. The position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance activities of the Company with established law and regulation.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2017||Reference:||APS-041|
|Closing Date:||20 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To render legal advice to the organization and its various departments to ensure compliance to the Law and other statutory regulations.
• To manage and coordinate court cases relating to the APS.
• Drafting, vetting and reviewing of contracts, MoUs and other legal instruments between APS and other parties.
• Contract Management: drive contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of negotiation process, review and contract execution.
• Interpret legal issues and implications that arise in the course of the APS’ business operations
• To carry out surveys and research on assigned legal issues
• Power of Attorney (PA) Management: preparation, registration, revocation and maintain data/information of the APS PAS.
• Maintain data, records and statistics relating to contracts.
• Provide legal advisory services to all departments within the organization including providing independent legal advice and judgment to mitigate any legal risks.
• Prepare and facilitate staff training on specific legal matters affecting the bank including dissemination of appropriate legal requirements to various departments.
• Participating in risk management sessions that have a bearing on legal matters, review risk reports for purposes of managing key risks efficiently in the risk management process and undertake research on current legal developments and prepare briefs to the Head of Legal.
• Support the Board Secretariat in carrying out secretarial duties
• Analyze and disseminate the compliance requirements of existing, new and/or revised laws and regulations.
• Liaise with relevant department of APS where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
• Prepare appropriate legal risk reports for use by management.
• Any other related task as assigned by the Managing Director/ Deputy Managing Director
• Proficiency in spoken and written English, (Dari and Pashto will be an advantage)
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
• Ability to communicate complex information effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proven experience in the relevant position – Min 7 Years with bachelor degree or 5 years with master’s degree
• Noticeable experience in legal drafting
• Familiarity with corporate law
• Demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
• Experience of working with Banks or other financial institution
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Interested candidates should send their updated CV/Resume electronically no later than August 20 , 2017.
Mention the job title and vacancy number (Senior Legal officer -APS-041) in the subject line otherwise your application will not be acceptable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Legal and Policy Advisor at SGRP/MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Technical Consultant For Legislation Departme.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|