Senior Risk officer(649 Views)
About Afghanistan Payments Systems (APS)
Afghanistan Payments Systems LLC (APS) will help in developing the retail banking market in Afghanistan by providing innovative electronic and mobile payment services that enhance the retail banking offering in the country. APS will be directly responsible for oversight and collaborative activities in defining payment services, common procedures and standards, as well as representation on behalf of its members to the international card associations and networks.
The Senior Risk Officer will be responsible for leading efforts associated with identifying and assessing risk and establishing mitigation strategies within a line of business.
The position requires a line of business focus on risk issues, and partnering and maintaining strong working relationship with key constituents (i.e.; IT risk management, security, business continuity, enterprise risk management, compliance, information systems security and fraud) while leading efforts to drive solutions that mitigate risk. This job is a team lead.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2017||Reference:||APS-043|
|Closing Date:||20 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
• Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
• Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization’s previous handling of risks
• Collaborate with business lines to strengthen risk management policies, procedures, and practice
• Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders;
• Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong;
• Establish and manage the Risk Management framework, policy, and methodology programs
• Develop and implement risk reporting framework
• Direct the completion of risk analysis sessions and risk assessment activity within and between the Lines of Business (LOB).
• Conduct the annual self-risk assessment exercise and advise the business lines on design of risk management controls;
• Define Key Performance and Risk Indicators for effective business management;
• Update annual documentation related to business continuity management (Business Impact Analysis, -Business Continuity Plan, etc.) and coordinate Disaster Recovery tests
• Promote a positive risk management culture through training, communication and promotion of best practices.
• Maintain enterprise-level fraud risk management policy and framework including monitoring effectiveness of the framework and driving ongoing improvement
• Develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience
• Partner with business units in advising and/or implementing the best-in-class tools and processes for fraud prevention, detection, and response
• Proactively identify emerging fraud trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis to detect and prevent future fraud events
• Monitor and assess fraud strategies to validate the expected impacts of changes
• Leverage knowledge of payment processes, industry best practices, and emerging threats to proactively identify solutions to future fraud risks
• Responsible for dispute management rising form the transactions routed through the national switch
• Proficiency in spoken and written English, (Dari and Pashto will be an advantage)
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
• Ability to communicate complex information effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Undertakes special Projects/Tasks as assigned assigned by the Board
• Proven experience with Compliance, Leadership, Risk Management, Business Continuity, and/or Audit; combined with IT experience in financial institutions –5 years with Bachelor Degree or 3 years with Masters Degree
• Highly developed relationship management, partnering and collaboration skills.
• Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated ability to make sound, informed decisions.
• Strong comfort level and preference for operating in a complex, demanding, “New build” environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent change management skills.
• Strong ability to influence others.
• Excellent team building skills, both as a leader and as a team player
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, General
Interested candidates should send their updated CV/Resume electronically no later than August 20, 2017.
Mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line (Senior Risk officer APS -043) otherwise your application will not be acceptable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|OFC Senior Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|M&E Officer at Asia Higher Education Institute||Herat||25 Nov 2017|
|Administration Assistant at Criminal Justice Task Force (CJTF)||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|English Learning Centre Manager at British Council Afghanistan||Balkh||04 Dec 2017|
|Admin Associate at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||29 Nov 2017|
|متخصص اداری ثبت معلومات at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Public Administration Advisor to MoMP Ministe.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|Senior Administration Officer at IFRC||Kabul||30 Nov 2017|
|Project Officer – English for Afghans Proje.. at British Council Afghan..||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|