Senior Database Developer for MoMP/ IT Department(1037 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Under the Direct Supervision of Finance and Accounting Director, Admin and Finance Expert is responsible for the functions related to the providing feedback on admin and finance efforts, and intellectual resource management affairs, helping and providing feedback on administrational structure reforms and development, Provide advice and ensure that all the financial activities of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum are in compliant with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan laws and Finance Rules and Procedures and also World Bank and other Donor Procurement Guidelines, as applicable, help and ensure that adequate budgeting procedures and systems are documented and are in place in Finance and Accounting Directorate as well as in on budget development projects of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/Senior Database Developer|
|Closing Date:||22 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Should develop a complete and full-fledged MIS/Database with coordination of other database technical experts based on the requirements and specifications of Ministry of mines and petroleum.
2. Should report to the IT Director.
3. Should provide reports on upgrades and updates for the database systems.
4. Should be able to fix any kind of issue within the MIS/Database system.
5. Should write documentation on the usage of database with the coordination of MIS officer and database team members.
6. Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating and improving a transaction processing model.
7. Assesses database performance by monitoring database performance.
8. Evaluating and resolving processing and programming problem.
9. Securing database application by access and control policies and procedures
10. Implementing disaster recovery procedures
11. Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations and technical support teams.
12. Should update his/her self with the new database technologies and should perform the update process on the MIS/Database system deemed necessary.
13. Accomplishing the management information system and organization mission related to it by complete related tasks as needed.
14. Should coordinate with other database team members for the efficient development of MIS/Database system.
15. Should gather requirements design and develop new business logic for MIS/Database System.
16. Should perform any other task related to the aforementioned field assigned by the supervisor.
17. Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through release.
Database developer/specialist should have the following skills:
• Ability to contribute to the design and architecture experience with agile development and programming methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from the design through code level.
• Strong skills in resolving defects/bugs during Quality Assurance testing, pre-production, production and post-release patches.
• Should be creative and self-motivated.
Senior Database Developer must have the following experience in the related field:
• Experience in Java SE and EE is an asset.
• Experience in designing/developing software prototypes or proofs of concepts.
• Strong experience in different RDBMS systems like MS-SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL and POSGre SQL.
• Experience with Unit testing and Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Gathering functional requirements and developing technical specifications.
• Experience with the software development life cycle and agile software methodologies.
• Should have developed complete MIS/Database systems for government, non-government and international organizations.
• Experience in development of financial management system for government organizations.
• Bachelor degree with 7years of experience or Master Degree with 5 years of related professional experience (Master degree preferred).
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
• Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 22/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Senior database developer must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||28 Jan 2018|
|Senior Procurement Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|PBX تکنیشن at DABS||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|