IT Officer(963 Views)
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket. It works for the development of cricket, and players in the country, and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. ACB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Therefore, applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience
The IT Officer has responsibility for managing all the IT needs and functions of the ACB. The position is a hands-on job - involving basic maintenance.They also require to install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2017||Reference:||038-2017|
|Closing Date:||19 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Officer will be responsible for the following:
• Configure and deploy new and refurbished workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
• Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations and laptops.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests.
• Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and trainings on and off site.
• Install and configure peripherals including scanners, external drives, monitors and other peripheral.
• Removal/disposal of non-functional equipment software.
• Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and update operating systems and user applications.
• Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching.
• Assure that all software in NRC equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses.
• Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to management.
• Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
• Support exiting/new server/s and administer access rights for all users in the office.
• Maintain local and server based anti-virus software.
• Inform and train users and management in how to adhere to NRC global and local security ICT.
• In case of virus infection clean out affected equipment.
• Ensure computer is set up prior to new hire start date and any related moves.
• Handle the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
• Request and setup new user accounts and email accounts (in collaboration with ICT Support-Oslo).
• Troubleshoot, and repair user accounts and email accounts, assist in resetting passwords.
Supporting and Enhancing the ACB’s Web Presence:
• Assist with General Programming, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements.
• Basic Skills in the MySQL, PHP with laravel framework.
• Expertise in current computer hardware and software.
Individual Laptop, Desktop, Workstation and Server Maintenance:
• Maintenance of computer stations, servers, printers and software across the ACB offices.
• Assist with setting up of individual laptops/desktops and ongoing maintenance and repair of these.
• Purchasing, in collaboration with the Procurement Office, of software, hardware and other IT supplies as approved by management.
• Ensuring responsible storage, usage, and care of the ACB`s IT equipment.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
•Ability to think clearly and logically.
•Skills in planning, problem identification, and solution.
•Exceptional interpersonal skills.
•Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities.
•High degree of flexibility in work and personal life.
•Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned partners.
•Bachelor degree in computer science or Information Technology with relevant 3 years` experience.
•Familiar with basic computer programs.
•Effective written and oral communication with ability to produce reports and present solutions.
•Documented results related to the position`s responsibilities.
•Fluently in English and good written and spoken.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum three pages with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job highlighting their relevant skills and experience
To apply online please send your application / CV to below email
candidates may also submit applications by hard copy directly to the ACB Admin HR unit in Kabul
Academic job documents is not needed with application but can be requested if called for interview
only short-listed candidates may be informed of written test and interview
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Officer at Universal Eagle Tracking Co||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Senior Microsoft Project Training Specialist at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||23 Nov 2017|
|Information Technicality (IT) Senior Adviser at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|(کارشناس ارشد (انکشاف سیس.. at ACD||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Information Technology Manager (IT Manager) at American University of Afg..||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Network System Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Software Engineering unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|Head of Network unit at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Nov 2017|
|ICDL/Computer literacy Instructor at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|PDI IT Unit Assistant and Instructor at American University of Afghanista..||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Services Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|
|IT Workshop Assistant (Bakhtar Bank Head Offi.. at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||26 Nov 2017|
|Workshop Engineer (Bakhtar Bank Head Office) at Bakhtar Bank||Kabul||25 Nov 2017|
|Aptech Afghanistan require Windows Server and.. at ARIF AZIM CO. LTD.||Kabul||28 Nov 2017|
|تکنیشن کمره امنیتی CCTV came.. at East Power Engineering..||Kabul||30 Dec 2017|