Intern, Event Management(1190 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
This is unpaid Internship and the intern will work closely with and report to USWDP Senior Public Financial Management Specialist and management of Kabul Polytechnic University (KPU). He/she will learn how to organize university Expo-event program. More specifically, the intern will learn to manage, communicate and coordinate expo related activities inside and outside of KPU. The Intern (Event Management) is a part-time, internship position located at the USWDP project office at KPU.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2017||Reference:||381|
|Closing Date:||20 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Internships||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The interns will be trained on-the-job to learn the followings practically:
• Learn how to establish coordination and communication with private sector and government entities.
• Learn how to arrange and facilitate events such as EXPO, workshops, conferences etc.
• Learn how to keep record/documentation of events.
• Learn how to report an event.
• Learn how to arrange meetings with private companies and write notes.
• The intern will be trained on interview tips to compete for positions.
• The intern will be trained on how to write a professional CV.
• Any other learning opportunities provided by line supervisors and program.
Key qualifications of the Intern, Event Management include:
• Fresh graduate or last year student of a public university in the areas of Economics, Business Administration, Policy and Public Administration or Journalism.
• Should have at least 70% GPA.
• Must be committed to work as civil service employee of the Afghanistan Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) after completion of the Internship Program with USWDP.
• Able to write and speak English, Dari and Pashto languages
• Excellent active listening skills.
• Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
1. Please indicate the position title, vacancy number in subject of the email otherwise your application will not considered.
2. Please include names and contact information for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Internship program in the field of architectu.. at UNESCO Kabul||Bamian||24 Feb 2018|