Senior Contract Management Adviser for the MoMP/General Directorate of Petroleum (GDP(256 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The objective of the senior contract management adviser shall be to advise the GDP in commercial, technical, operational and strategic matters regarding the regulation and development of the oil and gas sector in Afghanistan, to include future tender activities. In particular the adviser shall give priority to providing recommendations on the administration of existing Exploration and Production Sharing Contracts (EPSCs), other hydrocarbon projects and to the organizational structure and procedures of the GDP. In addition to recommendations, the adviser shall be responsible for mentoring and training GDP staff with a priority placed on the transfer practical skills required for contract administration.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/APA-2017|
|Closing Date:||23 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contractor Communications. The senior contract management adviser assists GDP in all official communications with contractors and shall draft/review, send, receive, and archive all official GDP correspondence with contractors. The adviser shall assist other directorates responsible to coordinate with other government agencies as needed to ensure timely correspondence.
2. Contractor Assistance. The senior contract management adviser shall facilitate the contractual obligations of the Afghan government by coordination with other ministries and agencies. Tasks include the issuance of visas, customs clearances, import licenses, permits and approvals, provision of security forces, and assistance in the approval of environmental reports.
3. Community Engagement. The adviser shall act as a liaison between local populations and contractors for the purposes of hiring labor and compensation for land use and damages, and act as a liaison between local businesses and contractors for procurement.
4. Contractor Reporting. The adviser shall track deadlines for submission of contractor reports and communicate with contractor regarding upcoming submission deadlines to ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner. The adviser shall coordinate with other directorates to review quality and content of contractor reports for compliance with GDP requirements and request additional information if needed.
5. General Contractor Compliance.
• Ensure that the contractor is in compliance with non-technical and non-financial components of the EPSC, including ensuring that the GDP receives and archives copies of all contractors’ subcontracts, ensuring contractor complies with EPSC training requirements, ensuring GDP receives copies of contractor insurance, ensuring contractor interests in EPSC are not transferred without MoMP approval.
• Coordinate with the Technical Directorate to ensure contractor complies with good oil field practices and other technical and operational requirements, including minimum exploration program and minimum production requirements.
• Coordinate with the finance department to ensure contractor makes all required payments, including bonuses, royalty payments, and production sharing payments, surface rental fees, and income taxes.
• The adviser shall coordinate with NEPA to ensure contractor complies with all relevant requirements under Afghanistan’s environmental laws and regulations.
• Record instances of noncompliance and report them to GDP.
6. Operations and Human Capital Development Services
The contractor shall be responsible for providing qualified personnel to advise and assist the GDP Director General, Directors and HR Officers in recruiting and developing Afghan staff. Associated tasks would encompass a broad suite of services to include;
• Assist in the assessment of GDP capabilities, prioritization of GDP needs, identification of promising GDP employees, and the development of short-term and strategic training plans
• Coordinate activities with other advisers and donor agencies to facilitate the strategic training plan
• Develop and implement metrics to track the progress of GDP capability to fulfill mission unilaterally
• Assist to develop and implement metrics to track the development of GDP personnel
• Assist to develop and implement an orientation program for new recruits that convey the authorities and responsibilities of the GDP directorates, current activities and objectives of the GDP, and the expected contributions of new recruits.
• Advise GDP personnel on the execution of daily GDP operations and the delineation of responsibilities and authorities among the directorates
• Advise GDP leadership on organizational design, training, and budgetary issues in order for GDP to best execute its mission
7. Perform any other tasks assigned by the GDP based on the laws, regulations, and objectives of the organization.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management, Oil and Gas Management or related studies and Master degree is highly preferred in these fields.
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in project implementation, operations, administration, or related functions for Bachelor and 5 years for Master.
• Extensive working experience in dealing with various reports and information analysis a distinct advantage
• Experience in monitoring, control and evaluation of projects or any other project in Afghanistan or similar developing countries highly desirable
• Past experience coordinating impact evaluation activities and familiarity with social-scientific research methods is an advantage
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Management
• Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/APA/Senior Contract Management Adviser must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|The Policy and Planning Analyst at MOIA||Kabul||31 Aug 2017|
|Operations Specialist at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Aug 2017|
|Deputy Country Director at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||01 Sep 2017|
|Chief General Services Officer at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||27 Aug 2017|
|Chief of Administration at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Senior Officer for a Corruption Vulnerability.. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Branch Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|Training Manager at Vision Financial Services||Kabul||21 Aug 2017|
|RVTC Director at RANA Technologies||Kabul||25 Aug 2017|
|Resettlement Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Project Manager at Spa Construction and Road Building Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|
|Proposal Manager/Writer at Spa Construction and Road Building Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2017|