Senior Legal Adviser for the MoMP/General Petroleum Directorate(937 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The objective of the senior legal adviser shall be to advise the General Directorate of Petroleum (GDP) in all legal matters regarding the regulation and development of the oil and gas sector in Afghanistan, to include future tender activities. In particular the adviser shall give priority to providing recommendations on the administration of existing Exploration and Production Sharing Contracts (EPSCs) and other hydrocarbon projects. In addition to recommendations, the senior legal adviser shall be responsible for mentoring and training GDP staff with a priority placed on the transfer practical legal skills required for contract administration.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/APA-2017|
|Closing Date:||23 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist and advise GDP in ensuring contractors conducting hydrocarbons operations are complying with contract terms
2. Assist and advise GDP in ensuring contractors submit all required legal documents and reports in accordance with the hydrocarbon contracts and relevant laws and regulations
3. Draft and advise the GDP in official correspondence with contractors
4. Provide support for oil and natural gas development in areas of policy development, contractor work plan execution and strategic review of any proposed legal changes to existing contracts
5. Provide legal advice to the various directorates and GDP officers
6. Develop and conduct legal training and mentoring programs for GDP staff, including but not limited to:
• Legal drafting
• Work Programs and Budgets legal review and approval process
• Contract administration
7. Provide legal support for potential future tenders.
8. Advise and assist GDP in any tasks assigned by the GDP based on the laws, regulations, and objectives of the organization.
9. Perform any other tasks assigned by the GDP based on the laws, regulations, and objectives of the organization.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• At least Bachelor degree in areas such as Law, public policy and management or other relevant field and Master degree is highly encouraged in these fields.
• At least 7 years of experience in similar advisory and management role within government or private sector for Bachelor and 5 years for Master Degree.
• Excellent writing and communication in English, Pashto, and Dari.
• Familiarity with the laws and regulations and government system of Afghanistan
• Excellent knowledge of energy (oil and gas) sector
• Experience in planning, budget execution and management of highly complex projects
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Law
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/APA/Senior Legal Adviser must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Proposal Writing Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Land Dispute Procedural Developer STTA at Checchi and Company Consulting..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|