Senior Petroleum Adviser for the MoMP/ General Directorate of Petroleum (GDP(585 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The objective of the senior petroleum adviser shall be to advise the GDP in commercial, technical, operational and strategic matters regarding the development of the oil and gas sector in Afghanistan, to include future tender activities. In particular the adviser shall give priority to providing recommendations on the administration of existing Exploration and Production Sharing Contracts (EPSCs) and to the organizational structure and procedures of the GDP. In addition to recommendations, the adviser shall be responsible for mentoring and training GDP staff with a priority placed on the transfer practical skills required for contract administration.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2017||Reference:||MoMP/APA-2017|
|Closing Date:||23 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Rapid Assessment of General Petroleum Directorate (GDP) with deliverable of a written report of findings and recommendations, including an historical overview of the GDP from inception to mid-2017 and a SWOT analysis.
2. The adviser should provide concrete and implementable recommendations for GDP in the near term (September 2017 - March 2018) as well as recommendations for longer-term support by future donor projects to enhance sustainability of GDP.
3. Provide ongoing technical assistance capacity development work with GDP, particularly in regards to contract management of existing ESPC agreements (Amu Darya, the Afghan-Tajik EPSCs of the Mazar-i-Sharif Block and the Sanduqli Block).
4. Support GDP Director in day-to-day interactions w/Office of the Acting Minister and her Chief of Staff and also serve as a Hydrocarbons Communications Specialist for outreach to other ministries, strengthening the relationship between MoMP and other government agencies to work on hydrocarbon-related projects.
5. Support other advisors on contract review and possible restructuring / renegotiation of unsigned ESPC agreements.
6. Assist the legal team in EPSC reviews, to include historical knowledge of why structured (lessons learned and maturing of the standard EPSC document in ring fencing, cost recovery, procurement requirements, social impact, etc.)
7. Provide analytical support in relation to the EPSCs to the GDP Director.
8. Assist in the commercial and economic functions of the hydrocarbon projects.
9. Assist in developing oil and gas policy for the MoMP.
10. Perform any other tasks assigned by the GDP based on the laws, regulations, and objectives of the organization.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• At least Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Oil and Gas Managementor any other related studies and Master Degree is strongly preferred in these fields.
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in oil and gas sector, donor liaison, administration, or related functions for Bachelor degree and 5 years for Master degree.
• Excellent knowledge of energy (oil and gas) sector.
• Extensive working experience in the EPSCs a distinct advantage
• Experience preparing reports to donors and clients, and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements an asset
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Technical
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 23/Aug/ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/APA/Senior Petroleum Adviser must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|PPP Senior Technical Specialist for ACAA at Directorate General Public Pr..||Kabul||07 Mar 2018|
|Technical Officer (Teaching Learning) at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||04 Mar 2018|
|Social Safeguards Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|Environmental Safeguard Officer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||03 Mar 2018|
|IT-Software at Cyberaan||Kabul||26 Feb 2018|
|Freelance Writer at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||23 Feb 2018|