Call for Resumes for Recent MBA Graduates(1051 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Heart, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The primary objective of Women in the Economy is to enable educated Afghan women between the ages of 18 and 30 to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping grow revenues for businesses owned by women or that employ women as 10% or more of their staffs.
WIE’s Private Sector Development (PSD) component has been charged with growing revenues of businesses through innovative approaches to private sector development. Innovation will require thinking about private sector development in a new way and working with non-traditional partners in addition to leveraging other donor projects. New solutions may be found anywhere, including private sector solutions to changes in developed markets. Master of Business Administration (MBA) Corps is one of the initiatives of Women in the Economy with the intention to assist Afghan women-owned businesses or businesses with at least 10% of female workforce to professionalize management of WIE beneficiaries’ businesses.
One of the issues identified as a barrier to growth for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) is the lack of professional management skills and expertise that are required for a business to grow beyond a certain stage. Without these skills the business often stops growing and may even fail. The objective of the activity is to demonstrate the value of professionally trained managers/MBA graduates to Afghan businesses.
The initial sole purpose of this assignment is to hire ‘MBA graduates’ and to place/second them in private businesses for duration of 6 months. The businesses to which MBA graduates shall be assigned will be DAI/WIE’s beneficiaries. The stipend for this assignment will be paid by DAI/WIE AFA55,000, before tax per month, with extra, maximum, AFA5,000 contribution from the business owners. The MBA graduates will work with those businesses to  demonstrate the value of doing professional business;  assist those businesses overcome the issues they have identified;  work with business owners to achieve an opportunity the businesses have identified in their applications to WIE; and  implement the Business Action Plan (BAP) which will be developed together with the business owner and MBA graduate for the duration of 6 months.
Place of the assignment will be places/offices from which DAI/WIE beneficiary businesses operate from in Kabul; the business owners will provide office space and other important equipment and tools to enable MBA graduates operate and assist those businesses. It will be a full time job – 40 hours per working week. The expectation is that after the MBA graduates complete their assignment period; beneficiary businesses have more formal doing business practices, increased their sales as a result of the support provided by the MBA graduates and the business owners are willing to hire the MBA graduates for long term on their own cost.
DAI/WIE, in the meantime, will also hire a professional and experienced mentor to manage the process of matching MBA graduates with businesses, preparing the MBA graduates for their assignments and then mentoring the MBA graduates in their work with the business and the business owner in managing their staff. Mentoring will be an important aspect of the program to help the business owner understand how to incorporate the new ideas into his or her business and to help the recent MBA graduate learn how to be most effective in his or her new role.
The key requirement of the work of MBA graduate will be to work closely with local businesses in a way that strengthen and improve the management of the business. MBA graduate will be responsible to work together with business owner to address issues or opportunities proposed by the business owner in a professionalized manner and help improve any other cross cutting issues of business management within the business. MBA graduates will be expected to utilize the sets of skills they have earned in their master’s degrees and apply them in the businesses they will be assigned to work with for 6 months.
|Date Posted:||13 Aug 2017||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||20 Aug 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||55000 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• MBA graduate plays an active role in initiation, development and implementation of activities related to business management to help improve the businesses’ operational activities;
• MBA graduate will work particularly on the issues or opportunities raised by the business owner in a professional way;
• MBA graduate will record and document all processes related to the identified issues or opportunity and train the business owner and the business staff;
• MBA graduate will provide continuous mentoring and on the job training to the business owner and worker to the management of the business;
• MBA graduate will collaboratively work with business owner, their Mentors and DAI/WIE to ensure information is available as required;
• MBA graduate supports the business owner manage administrative activities professionally;
• Any other tasks as may be assigned by the business owner or DAI/WIE;
• Have received MBA degree from any good university from Jan 2015 to now. Students currently doing MBA and in their last semester, could also be considered;
• In some cases, females with BBA degree with 2 year experience might be accepted;
• Excellent Pashtu/Dari and English language skills;
• Good understanding of MS Office applications package, especially, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Outlook.
• Some prior experience in working with a private business – but not a must;
• Good understanding of the private sector in Afghanistan.
• DAI/WIE will short-list resumes received and conduct initial short interviews with MBA graduates;
• DAI/WIE will arrange for matchmaking event during which DAI/WIE beneficiary businesses together with final MBA graduate participate. During the event, beneficiary businesses will meet with MBA graduates, those who have passed the initial interview stage, and select their desired candidate.
• DAI/WIE will receive the nominations from beneficiary businesses during the event and prepare contracts for the candidate.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Call for Resumes in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT CASE OFFICER at DAI||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|