GMAT Instructor – Part Time(601 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses throughout Afghanistan to private business, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governments. The Institute draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom tailored to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration and management, public administration, and information technology.
The AUAF PDI department is seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time position as GMAT Instructor based in Kabul.
The Instructor is responsible for teaching GMAT courses for the Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||23 Aug 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lessons are delivered according to the PDI schedule and are purposefully planned and managed in accordance with the course objectives, class needs, and quality standards;
• Teaching materials produced to adapt and supplement the course are appropriate to students’ needs and expectations;
• Students are assessed according to Business Unit policy;
• Homework is set and marked in a timely manner;
• The Instructor undertakes to arrive in good time for classes (at least 15 minutes before class);
• The Instructor is responsible for presenting a professional image in appearance and demeanor;
• Class records (including attendance) are kept in the hard and soft copy. Enough detail should be given to enable a substitute teacher to take over the class;
• The Instructor undertakes to attend Business Unit meetings or training events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must be based in Kabul
• Master degree from accredited university in mathematics/statistics
• At least 2 years of teaching experience
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve results
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Account/Finance
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “GMAT Instructor-Part Time” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before September 20th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Financial Management Coordinator at NSDP/NATEJA||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Accountant at ALEF Technology||Kabul||27 Sep 2017|
|Finance Consultant Kapisa at Ministry of Public Health||Kapisa||01 Oct 2017|
|Human Resources (SME) at MOIA||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|International Financial Management Advisor at DABS||Kabul||01 Oct 2017|
|National Energy Economist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||13 Oct 2017|
|Energy Financial Expert at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||13 Oct 2017|
|Finance Officer at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Kandahar||30 Sep 2017|
|Internal Auditor/Compliance Officer at Afghan Social Marketing Organizati..||Kabul||26 Sep 2017|
|آمر محاسبه جنسی at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|آمر بودجه at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|آمر حسابی at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW)||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant for MoMP/ACP at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||21 Sep 2017|
|Admin/ Finance Manager at Easy Connect||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Finance Assistant at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Energy Economist at SMEC||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|