Deputy Chief Operation Officer(1154 Views)
About Bank-e-Millie Afghan
Bank-e- Millie Afghan is the first and foremost bank in Afghanistan, established in 1933. Bank-e- Millie Afghan introduced the banking system in Afghanistan and is enjoying its 77th years of fame, reliance and recognition both inside and outside Afghanistan. The bank initiated its operations on initial assets of AFN 9.6 million (82%) by private entrepreneurs and (28%) by the government. It was fully nationalized by the government in 1976.in order to reach every Afghan, Bank has implemented successfully the CORE BANKING SYSTEM. BMA has currently 15 city branches and 21 Provincial branches. Soon 8 more branches in different provinces will be inaugurated.
The Deputy Chief Operation Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all the day-to-day operational activities of the Bank under the direction of the Chief operation and President and Chief Executive Officer. The position ensures that all operational aspects of the Bank's activities operate in a safe and sound manner in the best interest of the bank, board of management, customers and operation department staff
|Date Posted:||27 Aug 2017||Reference:||BMA\\2017\\51|
|Closing Date:||17 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directs overall administration and supervision of operation department.
2. Designing and implementing business strategies, plans, and procedures
3. Establishing operation policy that promotes bank culture and vision
4. Overseeing operations of the bank and the work of executives (General service, Marketing, Branches, Head office, and CBS)
5. Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
6. Guides and directs management in the development, production, promotion, of Opportunity and service
7. Examines current business process and make necessary changes so the best practices and policies are in place
8. Develops and implements procedures and controls to ensure security and accountability and accurate information flow within the bank
9. Supervises Branch managers, all operations staff and exerts effective team building
10. Carries out supervisory responsibilities of operation department in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities including planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining operations department employees; addressing operation staff and customers complaints and resolving problems
11. Surprise visiting all bank branches
12. Act and work as a chief Operation officer in the absence of COO.
13. Any task or duty which is assigned by the Chief Operation and Chief Executive Officer.
• Familiarity with relevant operating system;
• Working knowledge of bank computer systems, analysis, policies, and operating procedures;
• Technical Knowledge of banking operations in one or more professional areas, such as retail banking, mortgage processing, or branch networking;
• Sound knowledge of all operational requirements with regard to administration, compliance, risk, finance and legal functions of the bank;
• Understanding of Afghan banking law and regulations;
• Excellent management abilities , including scheduling tasks and supervising staff;
• Innovative, technical and analytical problem-solving abilities;
• Strong relationship building skills;
• Have high ethical standards and integrity in both their personal and professional dealings;
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• MBA degree with concentrate on management or related area of study.
• Relevant professional training or certification desirable.
• 5 to 7 years of progressive management experience in financial institutions and at least 5 years at a senior level.
• A strong background in banking management and employee supervision
• At least 3 to 5 years experience in various phases of banking operation
• Familiar with Afghanistan rules and regulation.
• Working knowledge of bank IT, policies, procedures and best practices.
• Good knowledge of bank operational requirements with regard to the administration, staff management, compliance, risk, finance and legal functions of the bank.
• Ability to design and implement innovative steps for operational efficiency.
• Ability to analyze things.
• Supervision skill
• Leadership skill
• Able to communicate in Pashto, Dari, and English.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Banking
You can apply for this post in such ways:
By Electronic submission:
You should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to E-mail given below.
PLEASE SPECIFY ONLY THE VACANCY NUMBER “BMA//2016//051” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
Vacancies@BMA.com.af - Ehsan.email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Credit Officer at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||18 Feb 2018|
|Client Relationship Officer at FMFB||Balkh||31 Jan 2018|
|Chief Financial Officer at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||18 Feb 2018|
|Manager – Treasury and Trade Services at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||18 Feb 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager for Polikhamri at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Baghlan||29 Jan 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||27 Jan 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Credit Officer for Kandahar Branch at Afghanistan International Bank||Kandahar||20 Jan 2018|
|Credit Officer for Jalalabad Branch at Afghanistan International Bank||Nangarhar||20 Jan 2018|
|Search Woman for Arzan Qemat Branch at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Senior Cashier at Afghanistan International Bank||Helmand||20 Jan 2018|
|Debit Card Junior Officer at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|IT Western Union Assistant position for Saman.. at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Samangan||25 Jan 2018|
|Audit Manager - Re-announce at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|IT Western Union Assistant position for Arzan.. at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Customer Service Representative at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Ghazni||19 Jan 2018|
|Closed-Circuits Officer(CCTV) at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Sharia Consultant at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Admin and inventory Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|Branch manager at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jan 2018|
|Loan Officer at FMFB||Kabul||22 Jan 2018|
|Teller at FMFB||Sar-e Pol||21 Jan 2018|
|Legal Counsel & Corporate Secretary at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|