General English Instructor(710 Views)
About Yasna Development and Support Organization
English Language and Computer Learning Centers (ELCLCs) is a U.S Embassy funded project, implemented by Yasna Development and Support Organization (YDSO). Its mission is to develop English Language and Computer skills of Afghan Universities' students and faculty members in order to enable them use international academic resources in their academic activities and/or pursuit higher studies at international universities.
ELCLCs operate in nine Afghan universities, namely Kabul University, Kabul Polytechnic University, Bamyan University, Balkh University, Balkh Faculty of Education, Herat University, Herat Faculty of Education, Kandahar University, and Nangarhar University and as well as provide ICDL trainings to the staff of Ministry of higher Education (MoHE).
The General English Instructor will teach 1 to 4 classes per day (on hourly basis upon agreed rates) in an academic setting to university students and faculty.
|Date Posted:||05 Sep 2017||Reference:||ELCLC/2017/62|
|Closing Date:||19 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Deliver English language courses to university students and faculty members;
• Develop and execute effective lesson plans;
• Follow the syllabi developed by the English Dept.;
• Develop and prepare supplementary resources for students including online resources, games, and classroom activities, in line with the objectives of the program;
• Make use of technological equipment such as projectors, LED Screens, Smart Boards, English Language Software
• Mark and provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work;
• Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades;
• Teach students via CALL software such as Tell Me More (TMM), Writer’s Companion (WC) and other language learning software;
• Participate in professional development workshops and training programs;
• Evaluate students’ performance regularly through quizzes and tests;
• Provide class reports
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor Degree in English Language Studies preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of English teaching experience
• Very strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
Please email a cover letter concisely stating all your qualifications and experience along with your CV clearly indicating your qualifications and experiences pertaining to the position. Specify the position you are applying for and the names and contact information of 3 references and email to the mentioned email address.
Note: Please mention the Reference number and name of the position in your cover letter and e-mail subject line; otherwise the application will not be accepted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Call Center Agent at Sahebe Financial Services||Kabul||21 Oct 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kabul||07 Oct 2017|
|Dari & English Language Teacher at Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Commit..||Kabul||29 Sep 2017|
|Construction Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Automotive Instructor at ATVI||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|Manager/Admin officer at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken English||Kabul||18 Oct 2017|
|Art Instructor- Implementing Jawana Curriculu.. at Mashal University||Kabul||28 Sep 2017|
|Re-announced English Language Teacher at SDROA||Kunar||04 Oct 2017|
|Lecturer for Mathematics and Physics at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|Dean of Management Sciences (BBA) Faculty at Jahan University||Kabul||10 Oct 2017|
|TOEFL Academic/Business Writing Instructor at Yasna Development and Suppo..||Kandahar||29 Sep 2017|
|Call for Resume at Afghanistan Center for Excellence||Kabul||13 Nov 2017|
|Instructor - Biomedical Equipment Technology .. at Kabul University of Me..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|National Project Officer, Capacity Developmen.. at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||24 Sep 2017|
|Senior Scholarship Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Developme..||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|Alumni Relations Specialist at Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development||Kabul||25 Sep 2017|
|English Language Instructor (native speaker) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||22 Sep 2017|
|English Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||30 Sep 2017|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Oct 2017|
|WIE - Scholarship Microsoft Office Certificat.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|
|Adobe Creative Cloud Certification in digital.. at USAID Promote: Women i..||Kabul||01 Jan 2018|