Senior Oil and Gas Adviser for the MoMP(453 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The objective of the senior Oil and Gas adviser shall be to advise the Minister in commercial, technical, operational and strategic matters regarding the development of the oil and gas sector in Afghanistan, to include future tender activities. In particular the adviser shall give priority to providing recommendations on the administration of existing Exploration and Production Sharing Contracts (EPSCs), Independent Power Plants (IPP’s), Pipeline and any other oil and gas project. In addition to recommendations, the adviser shall be responsible for mentoring and training GDP staff with a priority placed on the transfer practical skills required for contract administration.
|Date Posted:||05 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/APA-1396|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The adviser should provide concrete and implementable recommendations to Minister in the near term (September 2017 - March 2018) as well as recommendations for longer-term support by future donor projects to enhance sustainability of the Oil and Gas Sector.
2. Advise Minister on the development of Afghanistan Hydrocarbons sector.
3. Develop and communicate the strategy, and periodic updates, to MoMP Minister.
4. Advise on technical oversight of oil and gas operators to ensure their field operations are conducted in accordance with contractual obligations, the laws and regulations of Afghanistan, and industry best practices.
5. Support the Minister in day-to-day interactions and also serve as a Hydrocarbons Communications Specialist for outreach to other ministries, strengthening the relationship between MoMP and other government and donor agencies to work on hydrocarbon-related projects.
6. Provides advice and guidance on the development of the Ministry’s strategic goals and plans, for the oil and gas sector.
7. Build strong relationships with the thank tanks and industry experts and keeps abreast of key developments in the oil and gas business and other areas that could impact the Ministry’s competitive performance capabilities to unleash Afghanistan oil and gas resources in the most economical way. This includes developments in technology, geopolitics, regulations, Afghan government plans, and the oil and gas industry in general.
8. Provide analytical support in relation to the EPSCs to the Minister.
9. Assist in the commercial and economic functions of the hydrocarbon projects.
10. Assist in developing oil and gas policy for the MoMP.
11. Perform any other tasks assigned by the Minister based on the laws, regulations, and objectives of the organization.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• At least Master Degree in Oil and Gas Management or any other related field.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in oil and gas sector, donor liaison, administration, or related functions for Master Degree.
• Extensive working experience in the hydrocarbon projects a distinct advantage
• Experience in preparing reports to donors and clients, and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements an asset.
• Knowledge of oil and gas contracts is advantage
• Certification in the Oil and Gas industry is preferred
• Excellent command of both oral and written English
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Technical
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 18/Sep./ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/APA/Senior Oil and Gas Adviser must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Bio Medical Technician at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||27 Nov 2017|