Gender Advisor for MoMP/Gender Department(521 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Gender advisor will work in Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP) to assist with the gender mainstreaming aspects of the MoMP staff. The employee will work with MoMP officials for the promotion of human and women’s rights with the related departments as relevant under the supervision of the gender department. The employee’s primary responsibility will be to support the mainstreaming of gender and Women in Policing themes into MoMP strategy, policies, plans, and communications messaging, with a focus on capacity development of women to lead this process.
The goal of the job is to ensure gender equality and women’s rights are effectively mainstreamed both within the MoMP and within the partnership programmes.
|Date Posted:||05 Sep 2017||Reference:||MoMP/ Gender Advisor (Support)|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1- Work closely with the MoMP national and international consultants to ensure the mainstreaming of gender across all activity streams within the MoMP and its projects.
2- Collaborate with the other related department to ensure quality inputs and outputs on the MoMP projects related to gender mainstreaming in the project, women in policing, and gender mainstreaming in MoMP.
3- Identify learning questions related to gender, manners of meeting those information needs, and their fulfillment and documentation.
4- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed toward multiple audiences
5- Develop gender- sensitive empowerment approaches for all program design, implementation and monitoring activities, considering the special interests and needs of women and men to promote behavior change.
6- Ensure gender and youth activities are appropriately budgeted, and monitor spending of relevant budget lines
7- Ensure strategies and activities to prevent and/or mitigate gender-based violence is included during project implementation
8- Build staff capacity in gender, possibly including gender sensitization training (or overseeing training) of project staff
9- Serve as a technical representative for gender on behalf of MoMP in inter-agency working and learning groups, as relevant
10- Contribute to internal gender communities of practice
11- Provide technical and managerial oversight for any gender programmatic aspects as relevant, such as behavior change initiatives to transform gender norms.
12- Other duties as directed by the supervisor for the successful accomplishment of the project objectives.
13- Undertake other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
1. Sophisticated knowledge of gender issues in Afghanistan including as relates to Ministerial work, project based mainstreaming, and capacity building of civil servants.
2. Previous successful experience implementing gender mainstreaming in an Afghan Ministry
3. Knowledge of how to forge strategic networks with other stakeholders in the field of gender and policing including CSOs, women human rights defenders, the Ministry of Women’s Affairs
4. Experience in capacity development and mentoring in gender awareness and gender equality – for civil servants
5. Proven analytic skills including but not limited to gender analysis, planning and policy work
6. Strongly collaborative – with proven ability to be a team player and work with a wide variety of stakeholders
7. Ability to think creatively and be adaptive
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dari, and Pashto Skills
At least Bachelor degree in areas such as Law, Gender, public policy and management or other relevant field and Master degree is highly encouraged in these fields.
• At least 5 years of experience in similar advisory and management role within government or private sector.
• Excellent writing and communication in English, Dari and Pashtu
• Familiarity with the gender issues, laws and regulations and government system of Afghanistan
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Law
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 18/Sep./ 2017 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Gender Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!