About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2017 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
AUAF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Full-time position as Driver based in Kabul.
|Date Posted:||06 Sep 2017||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||17 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Transportation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Driver’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Drive the assigned vehicle in a proper and sensible manner in adherence to AUAF’s transportation policies and procedures, considering weather and road conditions at all times.
• Drive carefully, do not exceed speed limits and obey all traffic rules and regulations.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, breaks, tires, etc.
• Helps the mechanic with repairs and arranges for major repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes greasing, etc.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of an accident.
• To report any mechanical problems to the Transportation Manager in a timely manner.
• Perform any other duties, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Valid driving license,
• Proven 3-5 years driving experience with a national or international organization.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Be able to drive soft skin and armored vehicles.
• Basic understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements.
• Willingness to be flexible in daily activities and willingness to work overtime.
• Good level of written and spoken English.
• Good mechanical skills.
• Technical radio skills.
• Willingness to travel to field areas on short notice when needed
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Driver” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before September 17th, 2017. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Fleet Manager at Malika and Refa Solution||Multi Cities||11 Feb 2018|