National Dairy Development Consultant(1476 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
The Dairy Development Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the livestock unit head and the project manager. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for successful implementation of dairy development component of IFAD funded projects. Specific tasks of the position include.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2017||Reference:||12234/CLAP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist projects in the preparation of farmer need based annual work and budget for the dairy development component.
• Work closely with the service provider (FAO) and dairy development unit of MAIL to make sure that the dairy processing plant (30MT/day) is established in accordance to the agreed timeline, standards and quality.
• Assist the services providers as well as farmer cooperatives in developing milk marketing linkages, including establishment of milk chilling centers in collaboration with the dairy industries.
• In consultation of the livestock specialist and dairy unit of MAIL, provides technical expertise to the dairy producer cooperatives, enabling them to maintain quality milk production in a sustainable way, thus ensuring them to sustain as vital dairy business enterprises.
• Ensure that the program supported activities such as, extension workers, Paravets, and local milk processors follow appropriate code of practices for environmental and public health safety.
• Set, monitor and achieve equitable gender and social inclusion plans and targets among supported groups and organizations (cooperatives and unions), with support from the PMU and the service provider.
• Represent IFAD funded projects in all dairy related activities, events and meetings of MAIL, donor, private sector etc.
• In collaboration of the M&E unit, carry out regular field visits, conduct surveys and assessments, and in collaboration of the knowledge management unit record lessons learnt and best practices and report them accordingly.
• Collaborates and work with other technical staff units and project components to make sure that synergies are created and duplications are avoided.
• Facilitate IFAD and MAIL missions and field visits, and provide support to national and international consultants
• Perform any other duty as may be desired by the MAIL minister, Program director or project manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• High level of analytical skills in planning, finance and project implementation.
• Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written English, Dari and Pashto languages.
• Experience with government and donor funded programs are preferred.
• Excellent computer literacy.
• Ability to travel extensively to the related provinces
The candidates should have:
• Knowledge of the standard practices, processes, processing industry, production, marketing and handling of dairy products.
• MSc degree in animal husbandry, livestock management, dairy food technology or dairy industry with at least 5 years relevant experiences or BSc degree with at least 8 years relevant experiences.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter
• Put “(National Dairy Development Consultant -12234/MAIL/CLAP)” in the subject line otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested by Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Provincial Site Coordinator - Nangarhar at Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural..||Nangarhar||25 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Technical Specialist - Nangarhar at Catalyzing Afghan Agricult..||Nangarhar||25 Jul 2018|
|EFL Instructor (Adjunct) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Livestock Extension Officer at SNAPP-2/MAIL||Nangarhar||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Manager at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Kandahar||24 Jul 2018|
|Breeder & Hatchery Consultant at CARD-F||Kandahar||21 Jul 2018|
|Breeder Consultant at CARD-F||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Commercial Layer Farms Consultant at CARD-F||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Hatchery Consultant at CARD-F||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator at MAIL||Nangarhar||24 Jul 2018|