Finance Assistant(2286 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
A financial assistant is an entry-level employee responsible for preparing financial spreadsheets, reports and proposals for the use of finance unit of the three projects funded by IFAD.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2017||Reference:||Finance-Assistant 12235/CLAP/MAIL|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare the CLAP and other project monthly payrolls (M41) according to monthly attendance sheets; this act may include (tax calculation, bank charges calculation, other deductions and checking the bank account numbers).
• Assist in preparation of all Budgetary Forms of M 16.
• Make sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with standard financial procedures of the government of Afghanistan.
• Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation.
• Following of Financial documents with MAIL, MoF, DAB and any commercial banks
• Arranging all financial filling system for audit.
• Maintaining accounting and related records.
• Keep tracking of all the financial transactions,
• Establish and maintain good filing system (Soft and Hard) related to all CLAP Project.
• Computerizing English/Dari Official Documents in different Standard Formats.
• Updating Finance related database.
• Ensuring that financial procedures are adhered to in all finance activities
• Assisting in the ongoing development of the organization financial procedures and controls
• Prepare register and reconcile the M-12 against advances withdrawn through M-16.
• Any other duties are given by the direct supervisor.
• Excellent communications skills and fluency in English and local languages
• Proficiency in the use of computer, office software packages.
• High School degree with DBA.
• Two years’ relevant experience.
• Full knowledge and practical experience of governmental financial system and MoF Forms of B and M types.
Afghanistan - Kabul
• The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter
• Put “(Finance Assistant -12235/CLAP/MAIL)” in the subject line otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested by Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|عضو مدیریت خزائین at DABS/KBD||Kabul||31 Jan 2018|
|مدیریت خزاین at DABS||Herat||24 Jan 2018|
|Data Entry Clerk at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax & Customs Officer at Aeroparcel, Inc.||Kabul||24 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at ACD||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||20 Mar 2018|
|Senior Admin and Finance Officer at Afghanistan Microfinance Association ..||Kabul||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Specialist at ACD||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Public Financial Management Specialist (S.. at UMASS - USWDP||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DACAAR||Kabul||18 Jan 2018|
|Budget Officer at DABS||Kabul||19 Jan 2018|
|Exams Finance Officer at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2018|
|Finance Assistant at World Health Organization||Kandahar||18 Jan 2018|
|Finance Manager/Officer at trust construction company||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Multi Cities||20 Jan 2018|
|Finance Officer at DABS||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Tax Specialist and Accountant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||26 Jan 2018|
|Finance Consultant at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||17 Jan 2018|
|Sr. Finance Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||21 Jan 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Apr 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|